Thursday, May 22, 2008

im a snail I am

..im soooooooo slow its not funny.. i couldnt hit the times my coach set me.... he wanted me to do a pyramind set of 200.400,600,800,600,400,200 at 100s laps(4:10 min kms per lap) with float recovery..he also thought i would find it easy.....no i did not!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

just to work out: 105s laps = 4:22 min/kms 110s laps =4:35min/kms

for each i will write the total distance and each 200(ish) cos i was out a few lines wide..fortunately my garmin gives me my speeds..i hit lap every 200m
200 (4:12 pace)
400 (4:40 pace)-too slow
600 (4:34,4:36,4:39) was struggling.. contemplated not doing an 800
800 (4:19.4:27,4:34,4:480 was really tired in last 200m.... not very good form breathing heavy
600 (4:20,4:34,4:34)
400 (4:29,4:36)
200 (4:38)

and i couldnt do the float recoveries..walked the majority..floated for the first two and half of the last two

and ive come home for the night..... tis going to be very cold..

thank goodness its nearly friday.....

.work is pretty average at the moment-just have to suck it up
.personal life is great
..miss my family
..knee is doing really well..yay
..back is well..you know how it goes... some days i tape it so i can run, some days i have to tape so i can walk...today is a day where i was sore but not ridiculous and nowhere near as bad as that terrible day last week.. im supposed to book in for the MRI for my back.... it would be good to find out exactly what is going on...and to you know... not have back pain constantly ...lol... i should count my blessings...when i couldnt run and immediately after the injection into the back-i did have a few weeks without pain so that is all good

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hang in there sweetie returning to speedwork after a break is bloody hard, keep plugging away and in a couple of weeks it will start to feel Ok again.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Those times look ok to me, especially considering what you've been through recently.

MorseyRuns said...

At least the knee is behaving itself, and I think I understand about the speed thing (tho' on a different scale!) it feels like I will never get any faster. Hope we can look back on May as our slowest month EVER.