Tuesday, May 20, 2008

..track work..woohoo

...yay..got to train at the track(stu;s track) which was very necessary considering how stressful work is at the moment.. there is guy there who is driving me to DISTRACTION... i literally try to run away from him..he is the most annoying teacher on the planet.... grrrrr

..anyway stu wanted me to do 6x800m at 105s per 400 ..and one of this other coach;s girls was running with me... it was slower than she was used to... it became very obvious VERY early on that she had NO INTENTION of running the same pace as me.... the first lap was 95s and we finished hte 800 in 3:21(aiming for 3:30) the next rep- frst alp 100s still to fast.. by the 3rd rep..i decided to let her go off on whatever pace she was running... it made me look like i was VERY far behind..but i was actually running the time that i had been set...(and besides she didnt really even talk to me because she didnt really want to run with me :(
..i was quite happy when another 2 athlete came over so she ran with the faster one...and the other girl ran the last 2 reps with me.. i got the right times..but was COMPLETELY COMPLETELY stuffed... i asked stu whether or not i could only fo 5 reps...and he said only if i was completely stuffed..i sucked it up and made the final rep.. i found the session pretty hard...but im sure if i had done hte first rep at the right pace then i probs wouldnt have been sooooooo tired
..trying very very hard not to eat rubbish..i wanted to go out for dinner but instead stu cooked me a very nice stir fry.... but i bought some choccy for charity today and im dyiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiing to eat it..(of course stu wouldnt let me....lol)

so im loving being back on the track...and i remembered to TAPE my back today so hopefully i will be able to walk properly tomorrow UNLIKElast week after my track session

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gawd, he is mean, J has learned though bitter experience not to deny me chocolate when I want it, that first time I tried to smother him in his sleep was enough of a warning LOL

Stu Mac said...

Well done! I set the session as the coach for a bigger reason and a long term goal, the younger girl is someone who will not beat you in anything but training, so don't worry about it! Again well done.

It was only an issue as my other 'like'athletes were not available tonight.


And just to confirm with your audience Jo, I did not say you couldn't eat chocolate, all I did was remind you of your own words!

Anonymous said...

You just need to say "There are rules Stu- "chocolate consumed in the name of charity has no calories" and "food consumed in darkness has no calories" and "food consumed in transit has no calories". They aren't that difficult to remember."