Sunday, March 9, 2008

.yaaaaaay very happy little camper

okey doke..brace yourselves
little miss jo did very well today..even stu said WOW!!! doesnt that say something//so woke up pretty tired after also ahving a fight with flat mate..not sure how putting the washing machine on at midnight can be considered reasonable but when i broached that i got told i had a sleeping disorder and to shut up!!!!
anyway was a teensy bit tired today was somewhat concerned about being able to run well!

before the race i was watching mainly the girl who beat me in the 400m who im pretty sure told me a dodgy time for her pb-sorry but a 10sec pb is not right..
anyway the race began,.the girls ran out fast and i decided to kinda run my own race(stu woulda been proud of me if he was there)so i tacked on in fourth and wen through the 400min 77/78 which i think was closer to 78-the 400m girl pushed here so even though i didnt want to(the 450-550 is where i slack off) i went i have to keep her close(it was a race for a MEDAL) she 'went'at 200 so i kept her close still...at 150 i increased(as she did too!!!) then turned in teh straight 2m behind..i knew i was in a good spot..9/10 times i can outsprint people BUT i was tired..i caught her..she surged..my heart waned but i re-surged and got oven then surged again to overtake and beat he... the time was GREAT..my pb a month ago was 2.42.4 ....3 weeks ago 2.38.6...ummmmmm it is now 2.34.95.. that is AWESOME if i do say so myself... did i mention i won GOLD????????????????????yay me!!! and i had people coming up to me throughout the day saying what a great race it as(people i didnt even know!!!!) how cool is that(it was one of the few VERY close races)
i just asked my friend if that was too sucky to say but he is asleep...ummm im alittle hyper tonight (4me) apparently i am a hyper person..i FIND THIS VERY HARD TO BELIEVE.. you dont understand how MUCH more sedate i am than i used to be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i almost consider myself too wound down sometimes!!!! some people must be barely able to stand up if IM hyper!!!!!!!
..OH AND thewhole reason i went back to running was to beat my 2.34.1 i did when i was 10~!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! im soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much closer than i expected to be thids year..... sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo i will very much thank stu-who is my wonderful and very PATIENT coach who puts up with all my bitching and moaning... and apparently DOES know more than me!!!!

7 comments:

Kathryn said...

Go you! You are totally entitled to say how awesome you are after that effort, on account of being totally awesome :D

Anonymous said...

Well done Jo, I am very proud of you, that long-standing PB is in severe danger soon I think !

Kathy said...

Congratulations JoJo. I'm so proud of you. I feel all famous by association. Looking forward to seeing the photo of you with your gold medal.

MorseyRuns said...

Woo Hoo! That is fantastic mate- what is next! Only kidding, but I am sure that you have a few more goals that could take smashing!

Anonymous said...

Well done, you and Tamsyn both winning 800 gold this weekend, but only you got a PB :-)

Was great to get your message out on the trail, we all had a cheer for you.

Scared of you with winter coming up now LOL

Ewen said...

Em's right - two great 800m runs on the one weekend :)

2.34.95 is good. You have the same speed as my training 'partner' Kathy S. And you use more exclamation marks than KT from Spodychoff's group!

Well done to your coach.

Stu Mac said...

Well done Jo it sounds like I missed a great race and time!!!

As I said to you afterwards, I bet back in Jan after slogging around for all of those long runs and running 2:51 for 800 you probably thought, "wtf is my coach doing", I hope you can see the way forward required going back somewhat!

Enjoy your break!!!