Monday, March 31, 2008

..calvin and hobbles

..heehee...the title is a bit of a play on words..some of you may KNOW that i love calvin and hobbes(so so funny!!!) im highbrow-me... again a bit of heehee-ing...oops i think you can see what mood im in... lucky im at my own place- i would have really annoyed my friend tonight :)
i was hobbling around today like someone had taken a baseball bat and hit me in the legs....oh my- i am a bit of an exaggerator arent i?? ok so ill be more truthful(not as much fun though-sigh) i was WADDLING around like a penguin
..that VERY VERY mean and nasty man known simply as 'stu' refused to let me have a rest day and told me i needed to run 20 walk 5 run 20 walk 5...what kind of a sadist would make me walk 5- starting up after that was horrid..horrid horrid.. and his less than empathetic you'll feel better after a run was ummmmmm IN-f%cking -correct.. anyway struggled on through it...at what would have had to have been slower than 6min/km pace- that is very slow for me..even my long runs are not that slow! but i sucked it up and was dutiful jojo-
and after the run- went back to walking with a massive hobble/waddle...and um still the same now..there is no give in hte muscles... this is because i havent run much this month...this is the total of my runs
after march 3rd 5.2,5.5,3,3(including 400m),3(including 800m),8,10,7.6,7.1,11(water),6.5(water),7.68,5.7
as you can see thats not really a GREAT preparation for the run4kids(not a goal race)..so im pretty pleased i managed to maintain that time...but equally this hobbling is well deserved..i did not prepare my body enough

..WEIRD
i dont have allergies(well so i thought) i woke up all puffy eyed and lip a bit swollen today..like really quite puffy(late on couldnt see entirely clearly out my left eye) went toteh chemist who thinks its some kind of allergy...thatll learn me for letting the boy cook for me...LOL im kidding - he cooked me a lovely dinner last night
..but there wasnt anything new in there..curry chicken with a lot of chilli..so who knows
i also gave him one of the presents i have bought for him.. which was this quite nice framed picture..it kinda grows on you..when you first look at it-youre not sure if you like it..but it way grew on me over the last few weeks..i was a bit sad to hand it over..lol

INJECTION
this is tomorrow..so gfingers crossed for me at 10 am tomorrow

back was pretty bad last night... but pretty good today....YAY- my quads outer thighs are the biggest whingers today
have a good night munchkins... happy little jojo

6 comments:

JH said...

Very clever pun, jojo. Splitting my sides...

jojo said...

hmmmmmm well i thought it was funny..smarty pants!!!

Andrew(ajh) said...

Hope the injection goes well Jo - hope the back isn't feeling too good, otherwise Doc won't know where to put the needle :-)

Anonymous said...

Be thinking of you at 10, hope all goes well

MorseyRuns said...

good luck with the injection matey! Just wondering if there was a photo in that photo frame, and if so, whom was that photo of?

Stu Mac said...

Well done on getting out there and doing the recovery run, I know you didn't really want to .... but!

Hopefully the injection will start the good healing process! And then I can get you running HEAPS & HEAPS!!!! :-)