Sunday, March 16, 2008

..gold has its price...

..my voice of reason ..in my minds eye is kinda ghost like with a sombre (and very deep)older mans voice.. sigh anyway this is the conversation that took place
VOR: you cant be all things jojo
jojo:why not
VOR: because you cant
jj:why not
VOR: because when you train- you either train and are(relatively) fast for short stuff(track) OR you train for endurance stuff
jojo: soundless...unless sticking out your tongue make s a noise these days
VOR: last week you ran the fastest youve run for 20 years//yes??
jojo: a huge scowl..but i want to be able to run fast for 10kms...now
VOR.. well we cant have evrything we want can we
jj:i dont want to talk to you any more-youre mean!
jojo... kicks him in hte shin really hard and runs off laughing maniacally to go live in jojo(aka la-la)land for a little bit longer


..sigh... how can one lose their ENDURANCE so damn fast! i struggled through 10km this morning. at the 6km mark my quad a bit niggly so eased up to my 7.5km turnaround where i stretched..still sore... 2.5kms more then i stopped..plan was somewhere between 10 and 12- then i walked the last 5 kms... my quads quite sore-im sure just from no running for a week then 18kms in 2 days...
..anyway..im somehwat concerned about entering a 5km next monday..im gonna flag it at the 1km mark at this rate!!! i suck!!!!
lol
although one VERY big positive... my slow 10km (54mins) is faster than the first 10kms i did in a fun run about 5 years ago.lol..where i felt like i was hooning!!!!oh well- on todays run..i should be able to manage a 27 min 5km run.. pmsl... if i dont run under 22:30 then i really suck worse(ie am further back) than i thought i did(considering) im aiming for faster pace than that in my 10km at sandown!!!! slower than 22:30 DOESNT suck- it just does in context of WHERE i need to be!!!
..how good was i! no drinks last night-was gonna neet the 'girls for a run' this morning.but a) they were starting too late..and im a bit of the wicked witch from the west and melt in the heat(do you know hte melting scene??) and b) i dont have a melways cos i got all cross cos of missing pages and TURFED it out... so i woulndt-a been able to find michelle's place... lol... and yes i have been there before..but as previously mentioned..i suck!!!! lol

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

"How can one lose endurance so fast?"

I can tell you how, because it is fvcking hot right now, that's how. Check my blog out in about 30 minutes to read my own tale of woe from today.

Chill honey, you'll be right as rain in no time, just need a wee rest and some cooler weather.

Kathryn said...

I was going to say what Em said - it's bloody hot!

I'm lolling at your voice of reason and also I have an image of you throwing the Melways out the window as you drive down the highway!

Andrew(ajh) said...

Yeah it probably is the heat as the too clever ladies before me have said, but have to say I'm glad you're sounding the same as me, so are we revising ourt R4TK goal pace ?

JH said...

Am I the only one here who hasn't gone for a run on a 37 degree day?

My god, that makes me the most sensible person here! There's a first.

MorseyRuns said...

Sometimes even Michelle can't find her place!

jojo said...

jh..i was running b4 8am ..so i dont think it counts as 37deg.... im just lazybones who sucks at running..lol.. and hmmmph you being the most sensible....in best leyton hewitt voice...cmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmonnnnnnnnnnnn.. ie as in.... AS IF!!!

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.