Thursday, October 2, 2008

..oooh some speed...i like it!

well i do like speed-its official
however what i havent liked is how i have felt on tuesday and wed... my aunt and uncle had the same gastro bug.... woke up on tuesday spewing my guts up....oooooh..i have a very tender belly and am very prone to gastro :(
went to training tues night, then did one lap warm up and then had to go and lay on the concrete for an hour(obviously i couldnt train that night...oopsie)
then yesterday i was feeling so so so FAINT..i actually thought i was going to faint at the wombat gully nursery...stu is like ..c.an i leave declan here while i go to training..and i was like...ummmmm no---- seriously i couldnt have been responsible for someone else -i just felt so bad!!!!!

anyway last night about 6 i started to feel better..however today when i got to the track my belly was doing flip flops...lots of those spew burps....NOT GOOD
..i even said to stu...if you make me spew youre in trouble

anyway figured i may as well run until i spewed...lol
anyway it was a hard session 5x150m then do again at roughly my 400m speed..
i hit low 25s nearly every time(8 of the reps), with one low 26 and one high 24
..anyway for the pacings..here are the 400 equivalent(not that i could continue) and 1km(not likely) but so you have an idea
so for me 8x25s 1x26s and one x 24.9s
150 time (equiv 400 pace)( equiv 1km pace)
24.5 (65.3)( 2:43)
25 (66.7)( 2:47 )
25.5 (68)( 2:50)
26 (69.3)( 2:53)

was feeling a bit ill actually after it(as were a few other girls) 2 - 2:30min recoveries between reps with 5-6min break between the two sets
ran 2s per 150 faster than last week-but thats because it was longer breaks...stu had our group set up really well..2 started 2 s ahead of me, then 1 girl 1s faster, 1 girl with me, 1 girl 1s behind,1 girl 2s behind me and stu somewhere behind me, so it was like a race... I was VERY happy with HOW consistent my reps were

seriously need to do some homework tomorrow..and only a water run after speed work..fri is usually a rest but i just had two rest(sick) days

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Geez I'm impressed you worked through all that feeling ill. I hate working through it, makes me feel like I'm doing everything my body absolutely doesn't want to. I'm glad to hear you're feeling better!

Rugers

Ewen said...

Glad you didn't need to, but spewing on Stu's shoes would have been the go.

They were quick! I'm stuck at around 37-38s for 200s. I'm not liking my chances in the 400!