Sunday, October 5, 2008

..well last night was coburg presentation night-i received most improved athlete(well probably because last year i could barely bend) although as stu pointed out a couple of my races were actual pbs i guess...
anyway i was quite concerned when i was informed they were going to have an u18 team which would effectively mean no open womens team-just stacey and I, one girl who hasnt competed regularly yet, and another who doesnt really enjoy competing.. i wasnt overly happy-i understand from a team future perspective(and AGREE) that to get juniors to run that we need a junior team so they can throw their actual weights not the senior weights, but as a competitior, whilst i do run for myself i really like the whole team aspect. i have to say i was contemplating my options!!!!!if it really was just the couple of people, im not sure what i would have done..
..anyway j sent me a message today saying he had decided to put in an u16 team-which i think is a good option, which also leaves 3 u18 girls who can still compete with us(and none of them are throwers so it wont affect them)

todays run- 60mins..i actually think given how sick i had been lately that it was probably a bit too long..first 25mins was good but after that was really struggling a lot... anyway as my coach said(not calling him my bf at the mo cos i dont like him that much at the moment...lol) its kms in the bank...grumble grumble

4 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Well done on the Most Improved award -that is awesome and well-deserved after all your effort.

Anonymous said...

A lack of opportunity to consistently compete in a women's team and in the appropriate division has left me feeling a bit disgruntled of late and also considering my options.

So I know exactly how you were feeling.

Anonymous said...

Great result jo - well done.

Be nice to the 'coach' .....

Eat Em

Ewen said...

I think he deserves an award for putting up with such a complaining athlete!