Friday, October 31, 2008

..obviously stu is from another universe

ok...so either stu or i are from a different univers than the rest of this planet
..please please clarify for me
i wont say who said what..cos i want it to be impartial

one of the royal 'we'
'commented that if you dont give anything to the trick or treaters, then they may well egg your house'
other half of we responded with
..i have never heard of people egging a place for not giving treats -you just say no

who is the weirdo in this conversation??????
a) have you heard of the potential egging(toilet papering) of a place on halloween if no treats are handed out.... or
b) if you say no to a treat that is just the end of it

anyway-i leave it to other less biased than me to make the call
..ps no running-friday is REST day and i am racing tomoz 800,400 and maybe jo a 3km and possibly a relay

6 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

I think in America if they don't get a treat then they do a trick like egg your house, but here it is unheard of!

Ewen said...

a) No
b) Yes

I just don't get Halloween in Australia - "we" didn't have it when I was a boy!

Now, about the 'real' 800 race... I know how that would go. You'd zoom off and run 31-point for the 200, leaving me 20 metres behind... I'd still be that far back at the bell, you about 74. With 150 to go, I'd draw up to your shoulder, while you start climbing stairs. I'd go away to win in 2:32, to your 2:33 :)

4 races! The 800 will be interesting. Good luck.

Andrew(ajh) said...

I think the "egging" is urban legend, never heard of it happening either. Then again, in 30 years in this house we've never been asked either.

I'm happy to leave Halloween to the Yanks.

Kathy said...

We always had Halloween games when I was a kid - my Mum is Irish and she had a collection of them - bobbing for apples, telling fortunes, working out who you would marry - no trick or treating.

As for me, I vote (b). No way am I living my life in fear of children.

JH said...

Well it's not called "treat or just the end of it". It's trick or treat. One of the other.

Egging your house isn't much of a trick, granted, but you can't expect much of 10 year-olds.

Stu Mac said...

Hmmmm it appears that one of us is right. And as our place DID NOT get egged after I told the teenagers, "nup, sorry boys, got nothin'", I would have to assume I was right.

I always say no to teenagers who make very little effort and have never been egged!