Sunday, October 19, 2008

..hohum

it was bit like that today... was very unmotivated.couldnt drag myself out of bed to run this morning. instead waggled around home doing some house stuff and then i volunteered to shout stu and the kids pancake parlour... it mighta been nice if someone had actually thanked me!lol..too many kids running around to worry about niceties.no matter...we then wandered around highpoint where i bought stainless steel(matt finish not shiny) kettle and matching bin(close enough to matching)
-it was quite amusing..i said to stu i was going tp this store so he went to another with rugrats...he then called me to ask where in the shop i was..2 sec later i see two kids come tearing around the corner screaming out my name(yep the whole store woulda heard it) stu had offere a dollar for the first one to find me....amid much screaming and noise i eventually found stu-
anyway was pretty tired when i got home, very unmotivted and not wanting to run
..i asked stu if i could skip it-but he conveniently ignored me...... i REALLY didnt want to go...at 6pm i begrudgingly headed out the door..ran for 57.5mins super slowly..it actually turned out to be hte best slow run for a while..yay...
oh and the other thing i realised about yesterday 800m run.it was 33 degrees at 3pm9i ran 3:15ish) no wonder i felt like crap in the 2nd lap
..so ewen it will be faster next time :)

4 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

Nice work- how is it that the hardest part of the best runs is getting out the door in the first place.

Anonymous said...

Yep, that age old parenting tactic, bribe the kids, works every time.

My Uncle once paid my twin cousins to run up to me on a train platform shouting "mummy, mummy, we missed you so much, please don't leave us again", I was 18, they were 6, the looks I got! My uncle can be a real bastard sometimes!

Ewen said...

Sorry, I was laughing at Em as an 18-year-old mum of twins...

Yes, the heat makes 8s and 15s hard - your throat burns enough on a cool day! I plan on running faster too :)

Andrew(ajh) said...

The heat can take it out of ya, it was low 20's in Burnie and that zapped me, so 30's would be a killer.