Saturday, October 18, 2008

..i have some searching to do tonight

...i have to go looking for wherever it is that i packed up and put away for the winter my summer speed.
my 800 was truly terrible.i knew i shouldnt have run it-in the warm up i felt like a slug-this het was taking its toll..anyway ran close to a PW of 2.59 eeeeeyuk..i was expecting 2:50(as was stu) anyway dropped of 11s in the second lap..one word summs it up pretty nicely....abysmal
at the end of the day i collected points for my new club(and only got called traitor 3 or 4 times
:( most were only mocking and playful tho
then not much breathing spaace till the 200m-considered not running as i still had to do 4x4 relay-thankfull clare did not make me run first-she knows my block starts apart from being shite put a lot of stress on my back

..my 200m start significantly showed this..out of the blocks stayed slow until i could feel the vertebrae kinda feel right again (probs about 2-3 steps)then faster. came last in my heat-not by much though and was gaining- so a 33.4 for my frst 200m in a noticeable headwind and fairly soon after a horrid 800-still had the 800m cough...was definitely acceptable

then a little while later ran the 4x4 in about 75 but hard to say on the 2nd leg how far you run cos the changeover box is quite large-but i did try to take it relatively early and came home fairly strong

was initially very very disappointed but checked over last years results and my first 800 nov 3 was 2.57 and the 400 was 76 and also the first 400 2 years ago was 76ish as well so really just have to accept the first race of the year is always sh1t while my body tries to remember how to move faster
..we have the boys this weekend and stus littlest is hjust too cute...so stu could be toddler free at little A's i took K to do 'errands' he was quite excited this morning asking when we were leaving to do errands...calling out errands errands in the car(me too of course ;) our errands were fruit shopping and then i tookhim to target where he pressed every elmo doll...and no wonder its such fun! stu and i did it thurs and we didnt have any kids with us..anyway so we hung out and he did say something very sweet to me today...little tackers are fun
...although not quite sure how the kids get preference over me for the main tv room!!!

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Good to see you're still sticking to the training ... must be good having a live-in coach!

Ewen said...

Comparing where you were at the same time last season is sensible. Maybe it was the bad karma your mates put on you for being a "traitor"?

OK, so far I'm ahead - 2:48. BUT, I ran an abysmal 15 yesterday - 5:48.

Stu Mac said...

A good 200, easily a sub 34 without the wind and the 800m was a run of experience, well done.