Thursday, October 30, 2008

..oooh oooh oooh..im trying to contain my excitement but it is VERY hard..... im almost)(ok maybe NOT quite almost) like a normal person with my back.... but well pain is minimal and when i have it -its mainly after speed and only for a half day to a day-YOU cant even begin to imagine how cool that is :) :) :) itsonly when i have less pain i realise just how bad it was... you ttend to just accept it when it is happening nd i had accepted it a s apermanent part of my life!

..shhhhh im only saying this quietly..but i am very very confident that i WILL play squash again...not this year of course
..i did speed work tonight(and REAL speed ework..i was running way fast for me) and was only a little bit sore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so the set....
last time was 12 x15s at about 24-25s so set today was 4x150m@ faster than 25s 4x12ish.,4x100

actual-and i worked WAY hard..legs were starting to buckle in the last 2 100;s
here are the times and min/kms(but remember whilst it is fast for me-it is not for long and not fast for most!!!!)
150s
23.2 (2:35min/km)
22.9 (2:32min/km)
22.6 (2:31min/km)
22.7 (2:31min/km)

120(ish-not quite sure)
19-19.2
didnt time
18.6
19.2ish

100s(standing start)
16.9 (2:49min/km)
17.2 (2:52)
17.1 (2:51)
16.6 (2:46)

pretty happy with those 100sfrom a standing start..BUT there was a massive tail wind

-interesting(probs only to me...lol is that my min/km rating is faster in the 150 than the 100(not surprising though!) as i am a very slow starter and it takes me a while to get to full pace
..i was absolutely tootling along today-again i put the disclaimer-for me :)

very happy gal- sickeningly happy really
great job-great bf-great house- back playing nicely..... if i could just get......a little weight loss and my sister coming home and then my life would be perfect... uh oh..... is this the calm before the storm........ hehe

6 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

Sometimes I get worried that I am too happy and the only way is down! How silly- enjoy it mate!

Ewen said...

Stop with all this happiness. You're making me sick ;)

Very speedy! Sub-23 150s! I've given up the 400 already... but not the 8!

Kathy said...

It's a while since you mentioned squash. Your back must be playing nicely.

Hugs to all that happiness.

Stu Mac said...

Yay back, yay not feeling unwell & yay a great session!

Squash 'may' come, but continue pilates, continue getting a stronger core and when 2:30 is ticked off then we will play a social game of squash!

jojo said...

OMG i cant believe stu will play a game of social squash with me...lovely

Andrew(ajh) said...

It is absolutely terrific to hear you so happy. You don't know how much reading your post cheered me up tonight after a tough day myself.

Keep smiling!