Thursday, August 30, 2007

..does that count as a compromise????

..ummmmmmm.. how shall i explain my logic..cos there is logic...

..i have only been for a run last thursday for 5kms and tried on tuesday but too sore.. well today back was a bit sore (Im sure its hte sacrioiliac joint pain not hte bulge..i also realised just how constant the pain has been..actually cant remember a completely discomfort free period..anyway so i was a little sullen and mopey and decided if i was going to have pain anyway then i might as well have a run and STILL have pain..see there is some logic in that... also i really think that this back is going to hurt forever so i might as well just suck it up and only get really worried when it is the referred pain(ummm but no squash i couldnt even contemplate lunging today)

so i decided i was going to run 8.5kms..now i know what your thinking..given youve only been runnign 5..is that a wise move...well i had hte internal struggle the whole way, i was telling myself how stupid i was if i ran 8 kms cos no way could i run on weekend and then my evil side was like..... you probably cant run anyway on weekend so why not run 8kms anyway....
sigh..i gave in cos im a good girl and only ran the 5km at 5:06km pace... given that my back was unconfortable nearly the whole run and the last 1km i could feel EVERY single step i decided not to push it ..i did concentrate on short quick steps up the hill which did seem like less impact on my back than the longer slower strides and i tried to run 'lightly' for the whole run..
my back is REALLY tight now and its a bit of an effort to bend over to pick stuff off the floor(was trying to clean my room..but may have to skip it..its not like any boys want to come to my place anyway...
..it was all very depressing really..whilst i enjoyed the runnning, i didnt overly enjoy the discomfort..but having said that i was glad to get out and go for a run...feeling like a real porky pig at the moment... have been eating like complete crap..
..and my ex texted me for my bday yesterday which is nice and for the first year in quite a while i DID NOT go and see him for a bday ..... um you know

thank god its friday tomorrow..supposed to go on pub crawl but dont feel in the mood..out for bday drinks on sat...nothing big tho...coupla drinkies and since its my bday drinks im sure barney will let me have a little boogey...pretty pretty please
..after all...i did compromise today for him...didnt i?
oh yeah bday dinner was great,,my nieces are too cute for words..will post some pics..actually maybe thats why back is bad today..a fair amount of lifting nieces yesterday

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMG, I didn't get to read yesterday

HAPPY BIRTHDAY sweetie.

tsk tsk though, no lifting of small children no matter how cute they are.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Sounds more like trying to justify it to yourself rather than logic :-) - please be careful, have a proper rest! If your back hurts with every step of the run, perhaps a complete break from running for a while is in order (not that I'm a doctor).

lg said...

Oh, Happy Birthday!!!

I had to laugh at your mum, sounds like some people I know.

I hope your weekend is fun with your birthday celebrations, take care of that back

MorseyRuns said...

Hey glad you had a great day- shame about barney trying to steal the attention from you all the time.