Sunday, August 12, 2007

..a creature of habit

..bridesmaid duties for the hens night last night..had a blast spent money at a faster rate than i can run these days ;) got home about quarter to 5 after vic decided she wanted to do a maccas run..there was a girl in there who actually wanted to have a fight with me..was very funny.. i thought a chip packet was empty but when i went to throw it at vic it wasnt(yes im mature all right) and all the chips flew backwards over my head and hit the girl behind me(me laughing didnt seem to be helping the situation) LOL
so been lazy gal..obviously no running today..and not sure about tomorrow..im having some not very nice leg pain(not huge but a bit worrying as to where it is..i have taken some anti inflamms just in case..have done the heel walk test so it cant be too bad)..i hate telling my friends about my back who are in the medical field,they are all like "loss of power in the foot,ohhh and not being able to walk on your heels(ie cant pull foot up..jo thats REALLY serious"...derr fred..im living this shit thanks ... youre not helping.. can i please go sit in the corner..no..bridesmaid duties so i was bossy little so had so ...to make sure i got a photo of everyone with vic before my batteries go flat
..anyway last night there was a girl who has had exactly the same injury as me..even to the foot pain and loss of sensation,couldnt sit,couldnt drive,couldnt dress properly,all exactly the same as me(not now of course) and she has had to have a back operation.. talking to her made me realise how lucky i actually am that my physio is actually letting me run..most people probably wouldnt be yet..im sure the fact that i was so fit and healthy pre injury and spent so much water time doing rehabilitation helped the recovery process.. i think if you didnt do exercise pre- it would be really hard to get into it because of the pain... as she said when youve got constant pain, sometimes you can give in to it.. so it was a very enlightening talk and really did make me think about where my back is and to try to be a little more respectful of it than i have been..so hugs for barney the back for being so accomodating..instead of just grumbling at him..he is trying very hard..and hes a bit up against it i guess when i keep hitting him on the head with a hammer ... yes yes i know ..i do live on another planet..you should come visit tho..it is lots of fun ;)

3 comments:

Kathy said...

Sounds like a fun night. Good on Barney. How were you feeling this morning?

JH said...

I can't dress properly either. Nothing to do with my back, just congenital unfashionableness.

Anonymous said...

LOL, hijinks in Macca's at 5am are the norm, sounds like that chick should just get over herself, since when to sober people go to macca's at that time of day anyway??