Wednesday, June 3, 2009

just a quickie post(maybe)

okerly dokerly
well todays run was a SLOG and a half... supposed to be 30-40mins but was going to give it a miss and do pilates..barney the back is still giving me grief...i was feeling quite distraught about the back yesterday..also my tummy is playing up a bit(hopefully not an ulcer) but not going to take anti inflamms for a bit..so i downed a different sort of pain killer(wine... oopsies :( )
-anyway monday didnt run(was stuffed)
tues was the harder session of 5x4min efforts with 2min recovery(45s walk 75s shuffle)
-didnt feel great(also have my little visitor which is probably why im feeling quite drained at the mo(either that or all the stress at work) so i said to stu i would just sit on claire and elyse's shoulders instead of leading them out
-anyway, i did sit with them and had to work relatively hard (not as fast as a few weeks ago) but the legs were NOT NOT NOT happy!

here are the 4 min reps(then km/min)
4:15min/km
4:15min/km
4:13 min/km
4:12min/km
4:10 min/km i made the girls work hard in the last rep,so we worked really well as a group..it might be worth training like that every week in that group...we all pushed each other...although if my legs were a bit fresher i may have pushed it a bit harder

anyway
have reports to write and i cant do my marking cos im a dufus head and left it at home

am trying to look after my back a bit more
physio last monday, physio monday just gone, pilates today....must maintain this!!!!!

2 comments:

Ewen said...

I'm thinking the 5k and/or 10k over winter. I have both available. Your 10k time is going to be bloody hard!

Yes, 1500m from here to end of next summer season. We have some winter races.

I hope Barney is feeling better soon :)

Andrew(ajh) said...

My run tonight was a slog too, but at least we did it.