Tuesday, June 30, 2009

...a new pb!

well not really-that is misleading.
i actually found out what my pb when i was a junior for my 1500 was.i thought previously 5.36(but that was when i was 11) (my 1500s were never as good as my 800's) When i was 12(+3months) i officially ran 5.28.0 so that is my goal time to beat this year
i came across my earlier aths stuff-including a picture of me on the front page of the sun when i won the vic u10 cross country against 300 other people.....lol, that is a BIG race(and i was tiny tiny tiny).... stu is going to take a few of my state medals to show his junior burgers, funny that the VPSSA medals have not changed in 20 years

aaaaaagg and found out that i had actually run one season as an u13 for sandringham aths club(seniors)-i had forgotten-dont think i ever turned up to training. i wouldve done some solo training(mum used to have me doing an 800m time trial twice a week, that was the sum total of my training-never more)-ah now why did i quit back then? it is a regret of mine.

training tonight-stu altered the session somewhat to 40ish mins with 6x2min surges... i mucked up the first two reps d'oh-here they are min/km, not flat out-stu asked me to hold back a few times
1. mucked up the garmin
2. mucked up the garmin
3. 4:28 min/km
4. 4:14min
5. 4:15 min/km
6. 4:09 min/km
7. 4:20 min/km
8. 4:00min/km stu said to go as fast as we wanted, had no more than this in the legs though on this one- it wasnt a full shuffle recovery, we were joggin in between for the first 4-5reps. overall including shuffle was 5:20pace

so 42min, 8kms and for the first time since ballarat, i felt good. legs started to feel springy. i think i will race well this weekend. takes me a WHOLE lot longer than the spring chickens to recover. and tonights session did not feel very hard either- i worked, but couldve gone faster(except for the last one)
-ewen, you can buy me that beer you owe me from our summer comp when i take our boys on camp to the AIS!!!!
-ajh, when is the 5-er? and what is your goal time?

2 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Great when you find old stuff like that isn't it!

SriChinmoy PP is Sunday 26th July. My goal time is under 23 min. If you run with me, I'll try not to throw up half way round like last year - I promise!

Em said...

Took me a while to recover too!