Friday, June 19, 2009

thats just f-ing lovely!!!!!

OK, how many people when they read the heading thought i was going to bitch and moan?? how often are we just sarcastic?(well for me , pretty f-ing often(oh and all the SWEARING is cos ive been watching f-ing UNDERBELLY, its F-ing unreal..get the f-ing idea...lol, im killing myself here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!) ps i didnt think i would be that into it! but WOW! i LOOOOOVE IT

-anyway enough advertisement(lol)

i mean it though, how lovely!
i spend hours ogf my time, thinking hard and writing reports (particular to each student(i DONT do cutting and pasting-i like it to be very personal) Anyway today when my head of year read them, he came up and specifically told me he thought they were WONDERFUL and professional and personal to each student and i obviously had a rapport with the kids.(there wer still lots of changes to make-he is VERY hands on, ut i love working with him) I tell you, you dont get that often. It absolutely made my day. And another thing happened which made me feel good about my job. I am a lucky gal to be in a job i love and actually(generally) feel appreciated (and i actually get paid well for it! yes i am a teacher, and yes i AM saying that, but i also am working at an elite private school! something i thought i would never enjoy as it is at odds with my ideals of the teaching system, but i was burnt up, feeeling used and unappreciated(not from students!))
Eventually i WILL go back to the public system, but at the end of the day, i HAVE to pay my mortgage, so in part, i have SOLD out :( , but i am also still doing what some view as a NOBLE profession(and i take it COMPLETELY seriously. I'm such a f-ing GEEK, ok enough seriousness

LIFE IS ABOUT TO BE A WHOLE LOTTA GOOD. one week of classes, not doing hwk every night(i organised myself heaps today) and then 2 weeks holidays..... there's a whole lotta love at the mo!!!!
errr OK, i MAY BE a wee bit irrationally happy cos i finished my reports. For those not in the know Tutor reports are LONG LONG LONG around 1500-ish characters per student on top of whatever you said about them in normal reports!!!!
Oh yeah running, i do that in a part time capacity, dont i?????? LOL well ok....this week.One run since sunday! a little over 5 mins kms (4.3kms)-a twilight run for my training group, that i share with Megs, and it felt way faster than it should have!
tomorrow is going to be a slog even though i am only running it as opposed to racing. Stu has told me(and he is correct(i would have to lose like 5kgs and be like 56kgs(he didnt say this-well not this year...lol)) and majorly change my training) for these distances to do anything for me(not LIKELY) 10km is my absolute max- im still happy that i managed to do a decent 10km in may after a decent 800 at the end of mar

cant wait to see some of my friends and friend-ettes(LOL (and yes i know im a LOSER) )

happy happy(in case you didnt realise(maybe its the champers!!!!)) miss jo

1 comment:

Ewen said...

Maybe stop at half a bottle of champers next time. Noble and f-ing lovely job with the reports.

You're right - 10k is far enough (and I'm not an 800m runner like you) - take care on your way to and from training - there are a lot of bullets flying around down there.