Sunday, June 21, 2009

round 4 cross country-ballarat

OMG it was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo get the idea oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo cold at ballarat. i got out of the car and the top half of my fingers went completely white and i couldnt feel them at all (and i had gloves on) anyway after a few arguments on the way there about directions(and they were all stu's fault of course) LOL, and i can say that cos ITS MY BLOG so im alwaaaaaaays right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hehe
-i was pretty dang happy when Em asked me to run with her . oh yeah it was incredibly windy too around the dry lake. we went through 11km in 56.17 and then not too much later, i saw a few girls ahead of me and decided to pass them just in case they were in my div..one thing led to a other and i ended up passing about 20 people(8 girls) running the last 4kms in under 19mins.im sure i saw 75.15(average 5:01 pace) which considering i cruised the first 11(well not exactly cruised, but it was cruising for a race and i felt extremely comfortable)
Em was really good and sent me off on my way. She did brilliantly well.I was telling her how pleased she should be.Sandown was 3 weeks ago and we were about 20s slower than her time there and she managed to still run 5kms!!!! youre on the way back honey:)

todays run. well it felt pretty yuk really.this body of mine really is not built for long long kms. it was 6kms and my right glute was well and truly painful,every step is hurting really and the last km of our 6kms where we ramped up to 5min/km, it was not good AT ALL.

oh and add into that the chafing...lol...this is going to sound bad- the chafing between my legs.... (lol)... and i have tiny little legs which do NOT rub together when i run, but from about the 6km mark i was trying to hitch up my slazenger tights as the stitching was causing considerable chafing... all i can say is YOWSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ouch ouch ouch ouch, there was yelling and cussing when i had my shower yesterday(and i had paw paw on it) and then i walked like i was a rodeo guy- lol..... i seriously was walking badly -stu was just rolling his eyes at me(whats new ...lol)

stu and i then went straight to geelong where we watched all his little kids run,....whilst the mums all yelled and screamed...OMG they are sooooooooooooooooooooo loud and then off to the point cook town centre and then home for some nice cheese and red wine..
and you know what NO HOMEWORK today.... ahhhh i love being a normal person :)

3 comments:

Em said...

Folks, I can attest, Jo does have little legs, strong little legs :-)

Umm, I had a bit of a yelp when I got in the shower too, seemed there was more chafing that I initially thought too!

Thanks again for yesterdays run, not sure I'd have managed all that running on my own and yes, most definitely better to be running together on the road and not in the pool.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Those glutes are a real pain in the arse, aren't they!

Ewen said...

You were very polite to ask Em before taking off like the speedster you are and passing all those people.

Little legs? So are they short, or thin, or both? You might be able to get a part-time job as Clint Eastwood's stand-in on his next western.