Monday, June 29, 2009

..actions speak louder than words

..coliban relays at bendigo coming up this weekend and its been difficult for selection due to the fact that the junior girls havent run over 5km.
did i mention from my 10km time at sandown i got about a min pb for my 5km race(previously 23:12 or 13).The first 5km was 22:14(the second 5km 22:21)
so my only 5km time is 22:14 for comparison. I like to think i couldve gone more than 30s faster if i were only running 5km not 10km. Ii have proven i can maintain my pace for longer than 5km.
anyway other people have been selected as being faster than me-so i have set myself a goal i would like to run for the 5kms(its 5.1 but i will check my 5km split)-let you know how i go when i get back!
anyway, i have been given the leg which is reserved for the slowest person in the team-yep my confidence isnt at an all time high!
no running today. bit grumpy.back been playing up. took naprosyn(750mg anti inflamms)
-did my home pilates and when i did the proper sit ups, i could feel i wasnt as strong in the core

5 comments:

Ewen said...

I like predictions. I'll buy you a coffee if you break 21:39 :)

Now I know why you shop - it dulls the pain. Hope the massager does so as well.

Andrew(ajh) said...

I think I need you to pace me for my next 5km PB attempt!

What about the 5km Sri Chinmoy at Princes Park like last year where we both got bling? Let all those other suckers do the 30km and we can eat their pancakes!

MorseyRuns said...

Nice work JoJo- hope you are enjoying your holidays- am pretty jealous now that I am back at work!

Anonymous said...

Well you changing clubs has taken someone elses spot so suck it up

jojo said...

im not even sure who wrote this as no name is associated..
you may notice the very first sentence said it is difficult. there is nothing to suck up as i will do my very best for my club that i can-so not entirely sure where that is coming from. i do believe that i am allowed an opinion-on my own blog