Saturday, August 9, 2008

..ugghghghghghghgh its waaaaaaaaaaaay too cold to ice

...stupid foot...well to be more precise ..toe- it has been giving me a fair amount of grief for ummmm about 6 weeks..i reckon there may be a small dislocation or something-it certainly hurts like my finger hurt when that was dislocated for 3 months...anyway after todays run it is VERY painful and exremely swollen(at least double its twin on the other foot!! )im going to book in with Sally Childs, podiatrist at OPSM as soon as i can..and uts fuuuurrrrrrrrrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeezing...and i really dont want to be icing it(and nor would i if it wasnt for Mr Bossypants!!!!)
the breakdown of the run.....
woke up this morning with no school sport-woohoo it was awesome- i baked scones for arvo tea, made about 10 egg sandwiches, hung out washing, folded other washing, washed some clothes, tidied up my clothes in stus room(no small feat that either! looks heaps better now ;) , vacuumed the house...all before 10:30.... lol whatta good gal i am
..stu finally got home, and taped my back good and proper-its so firm-i could barely lean over(the way it is supposed to be too!!)
For the 6.2 kms last year i ran 29:04, so i was going to be happy and consider that i ran well if i hit 18:30(which is 4:35.8min/kms- which since my 6kms and recent 5kms have been around 4:40 this would require me working very hard)
started out and kept an eye on my time..went out a little fast so slowed down-first km 4:25, then hit the hill and the mother of a wind...oooh not pretty, sped up again after that to cross the 3.1(and was feeling pretty tired and very very worried about a massive blowout at this stage) in 14:14 which was 4:35.5min/km..so right on track if i could just maintain..but didnt consider likely :( anyway was struggling to maintain even 4:35 on the part where i did 4:25 the lap before. then this massive tall guy overtook me(and was faster than me) but i went...you know what im gonna work a bit harder and slot in behind him even though its faster than what i want the wind break will be good..i ran pretty close to him- i was almpost spooning him...lol when we crested the hill i did manage a breathy 'thanks' and then he picked up speed so i did likewise even though i didnt want. the last 1km was 4:12 :) and got 14 dead for the lap so just ove 4:31min/kms woohoo
28:14 is awesome for me-50s improvement from last year...but a gripe coming up... this guy from the club who often drives me NUTS..is there a bigger CAPITALS button???? hes gone.. so what time di you run jo.. 28:14... i thought you would have gone quicker (i was pretty angry with this comment and actually retorted with' well warren, how about saying well done jo instead of you should have run quicker ..and then hes gone -what ime did you run last year..oh 29:04- yes well done... whatta DICHEAD... i was so pleased that i actually said something to him.maybe he will think before he is such a moron next time grrrrr still a bit annoyed
for anyone interested here are the km splits
4:25, 4:48(hill and wind) 4:28, 100m@4:24, 4:32,4:44(hill), 4:11 and then last 100m@4:03
so a pretty solid run by me... and a negative split
...and that smug coach of mine was right- he predicted low 28s smarty pants

5 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

How can you run so fast when you have a sore toe? I don't know how you do it. I'd just give up I reckon.

When you look at it another way, Warren's comment was sort of a compliment, he was implying you were a better runner? But still a dickhead thing to say!

Anonymous said...

YAY, good work! Great run, especially when you manage a neg split, gotta be happy with that.

I get pissed if anyone say's "oh I thought you would have run better", we run as well as we bloody well can on the day thankyou!

When I had plantar fasciitis I used to ice it by sticking it in a bucket of water with some ice cubes in it, I know how you feel though, I had to ice my shins after my short run early this morning, was a bit Brrrrrr

Anonymous said...

PS - Sally is my Pod too, she is very good, doesn't even flinch when she has to touch my gross and scary feet LOL

Unknown said...

Yay JoJo, you rock! Well done.

Ewen said...

Nice improvement there!

You could try BOLD type.