Sunday, August 3, 2008

... all happy happy campers

..miss jo is very happy ...
2hour run saturday and then struggled through 10km this morning. 5kms of that included me pacing a gf in the brazillian butterfly today.she wanted to go sub 30-she ran soooooooooo well today and got sub 29mins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! how cool is that...Well done Nic-you should be very proud :)
i very much struggled to get going again after a break and that 2nd 5kms was a slog and a half!!!!!!! hammies tight at the end, knee a tad sore(to be expected) and the back-well im ostriching so shush...lol
its been agreat month of running 225kms..the most kms in a month this year(well EVER)-by about 50kms...woohoo!!! string a couple of those months together, and i may actually have a good summer season
..a baby shower thing today(jojo rolls eyes)...and the game was answering questions about vic(and i had to cheat..cos she kept saying..did you get that one jo..man there was a lot of pressure on me)
evryone was very happy(and surprised to hear about my house) lol and even more surprised that my bf was moving in...i hadnt seen a lot of them since her wedding last august-so i wouldnt have mentioned stu then-we had only JUST been starting to spend time together.. also nearly everyone i know is used to me not being with anyone-there was about a 9 year period where i wasnt really going out with anyone..dribs and drabs here and there i suppose(i dont see the point in dating someone unless i really want to-yes i have been told many times im too picky and should lower my standards-but i wasnt prepared to as i would rather be alone.Unless im happier in a relationship than solo, then im not going to be in it!!!!!sounds simple enough and pretty black and white)-
so bucketloads of driving this weekedn...a big big weekend all in all-very enjoyable...if my sister would only come back home, i would NEVER have anything to complain about..missing my angel nieces...and whats very exciting is they can stay with me next year for a week-how awesome is that..cant wait...
did i mention what a horrible person i am.... i still havent told my mother that i bought a house :( i really dont want her to ask to stay before the wedding for my nephew, because a) we fight and shes always crying(she is a bit psycho and IM NOT joking) b) if she stays, there is no way my sister will(im the only one of my brother and sister who even keeps in contact...cos shes a little ummmm psycho....
..but dont think i can hide it for 6months...lol.... but also i dont want to subject stu to that either!!!!!!! (having to put up with her for a whole week) maybe we could all chip in and pay for her hotel room!(my brother has already said NO WAY is she staying with him... but at te end of the day...im a soft touch :(

3 comments:

Kathryn said...

I reckon putting your mum up in hotel is a good idea. That's what we do with mum when she comes to visit cos if she started here we'd go insane!

Anonymous said...

yeah, I would put her in a hotel as well, tell her it is a special treat. I love my Mum but there is a damn good reason why I left home at 18 and never went back, I can't live with her.

What a great month you have had, you'll be burning up the track this summer.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Yup, three for three, I'd say the hotel is the safest bet too.

I'd be happy with half your mileage !