Friday, October 30, 2009

yeah it was a run...not great, not bad..a bit of hohum

am i happy with my run last night- happy is a strong word.im not disillusioned by it would be better. i SHOULD be running faster(look at 800 run 2 weeks ago),
completely misjudged the 2nd lap sitting behind someone and it was 8s slower than the rest
time 5.49
laps(400- 90s, 800,3:08 yikes, 1100 4.19,1500-5.49, so it was a good last lap-same pace as the first. The positive is it is much faster than this time last year(ummmm 20s)

400-ran faster at a time trial a few weeks ago 15mins after an 800 so i was quite disappointed-

it was OK i suppose 69.67s and finished STONE COLD LAST-still faster than this time last year

one of my real bugbears are people refusing to go in the correct heat. i knew i would run 68-70 so went when they called the 66-68/69 runners. one of the girsl in my club said -no jo it will be faster than that.
She kinda got it though, when i said to her, i would rather put myself in the heat and run with integrity and come last than be PART of the problem of people sitting back and not going in the right heat so people are in a heat 5 sec slower than predicted.
Needless to say the girl who won my heat finshed in about 58s i think-quite disgraceful!

so as a night out, it was not exactly creditable(given my 800m time from two weeks ago) would have predicted way faster in both) but some days -you just dont have it working for you- i had no 'grit' last night



and ewen- i am a TERRIBLE 1500m runner so always add on at least 10s onto your prediction. When i say terrible, my times arent terrible - but compared to what my 800m time predicts for me to be running they are terrible. does that make sense?

anyway get results tomorrow, so hopefully all good. been feeling very drained this week i have to say. dont have much extra of anything to give.. even my teaching is so-so this week

3 comments:

Ewen said...

That's not too bad a 15 with the stress you've had this week. Without the slow second lap - maybe it would've been 5:44.

I know what you mean about your times being relatively slower for the longer races - that's just 'cause you're an 800m runner and not running a lot of mileage.

The 'wrong heat' thing happens here too. They probably should organise the heats by the runner's PB.

Good luck with the results.

Andrew(ajh) said...

I agree on the "heat integrity" issue. It makes you wonder what their motivation is really. Sort of like people who use "cheat codes" in computer games and then say they won.

Em said...

Hey, I went through 1100 in 4:21! Looks like I am going to have to work on my finishing lap if I want to get my time down and my 1st and 2nd ones too LOL

We had heat seeding issues too, but there are a couple of older ladies in my region who really know what the youngsters are capable off and push them in to the correct heats, it's quite funny.

Fingers crossed for tomorrow.