Saturday, October 10, 2009

..first day at the track

..first round of shield today was met with some trepidation.ive been feeling good at training, if i run badly, will it affect how well i run next week(mentally) etc etc
anyway the day started at my school with aths commitments til 12ish, and then off to the track..boys may want to stop reading.i had deliberately manipulated girly stuff (isnt medicine wonderful...lol)so it wouldnt interfere with next week but it did mean today would be more difficult for me......(not significantly but today is a day where i feel a little weak, its almost like low blood pressure(thats how i would describe it) i knew when i started my run throughs that it wasnt going to be fabulous)...no EXCUSES, i should have run 2.40 today but i didnt. I feel like i ran SHIT today...stu says i didnt but i know i did and he is just trying to save my confidence

anyway-first 200 in 38 and was VERY surprised to hear it was bw 80/81 for first lap(vslow) and started to work a bit(did i mention 3m behind 2nd last at 200m)further at the 300 anyway it was at this stage i felt like i would be running by myself, at the 400, i worked(as i know this is my slack off) and i started to see people within reach, i overtook 1-stu yelled at me to catch the girl 2 ahead(which i did EVENTUALLY) and some whipper snapper passed me in the home straight.My last 200 was 40s which im pleased with, but as a whole im VERY disappointed with 2.43-expected 2.41-2.40 :( still way faster than this time last year(high 2.50s) BUT i have a BIG BIG race in a WEEK. I MUST MUST MUST go below 2.40

so annoyed , but not completely disillusioned yet.oh and i ran(even though it want timed) a really solid performance in the 4x400 relay, felt strong, built into it and came home strong

2 comments:

Em said...

I totally understand, if I had a big event I'd do the same thing.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Jo, Jo, Jo - you are being so hard on yourself ... form whereI'm sitting you're doing just awesome!