Tuesday, January 13, 2009

...ooh miss jo wilts in the heat

i dont cope very well with heat..i always feel like...you know the scene in the wizard of Oz where the wicked witch melts-well thats the analogy that best refers to me....lol
MANNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN it was h.o.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t.t today
..stu went off and had coffee with someone today while i diddled around the house.... washing and all that really really cool stuff that i know you all wish you were doing..triple .lol
...then stu and i headed off to the movies-'Seven Pounds' good movie-and i ate ummmmmm 100kgs of popcorn....lol..ok maybe not quite!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
nd then my super mean coach made me go and do reps in the HEAT.OMG
doing the two lap warm up, i was like christ-how am i gonna get through this-then proceeded to tell stu i wasnt going to talk to him throughout the set
..during the stride throughs i was barely able to keep up with someone who is way way slower than me..i was in strugglesville
anyway the proposed set
each set 200m@39s then 1min(100m float) then 200,100 float,200,100 float,then 200..then a lay down in the shade and another set..i did 3 of these last week..but it was hot and im racing at sandy on thurs
heres how it panned out(good wording there as i felt like i was in a freaking frying pan))
40s,41s,41s,39s so consistent and pleased with that,,,super super hot and bothered..lwas glad our rest break was in the shade
then back out there...a couple of the other girls started extending the float/shuffle to more than 60s so i just decided to stick to my set and did the last 2 reps by myself
39s,41s,41s,40s so very hot but felt pretty strong considering...then a 4 lap cool down...yeah like jogging was gonna cool me down
..and then we just had sangas for dinner....lol

5 comments:

Stu Mac said...

A very good set in the conditions; I'd actually go as far to say it was the best hot session I have seen you do!!!

Andrew(ajh) said...

You ran in that heat, and a jog to cool down!

Anonymous said...

It was fearsome hot out at Jells too, but our set wasn't too bad and I even did 2 extra reps.

But I suspect it was nicer by the lake than on the track.

Ewen said...

Impressively consistent!

Two lap warm-up? That's not super mean, that's super soft ;)

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed that you got out there and did the session.

I would have done the pool running!!