Sunday, January 25, 2009

day 2 country champs

day 2 of the country chaps..bumped into TigerBoy. i was trying to see if my new spikes are too long(9mm) which are fine on OP ..anyway thanks TB for finding out for me :) you are a honey :)

anyway then when i started taking the spikes OUT and one was completely stuck in, i started getting quite stressed,called stu-still stressed, then i looked at my spike undo-er and it was damaged and so i started getting more stressed... and walked around trying to find TB and then i went back and sat with one of the melb uni girls who gave me her wizz bang one and managed to get the spike outta there...!!!!!!!!!apparently i was a bit shaky
anyway-aim sub 2:40err a couple of reaaaaaaaaally good girls in my heat-a 2:10 runner so just ran my own race went 3 secs slower than previous in the 200m, which resulted in 2 secs faster overall- a lesson well learnt(hopefully remembered :oops: )so 2:39.35 and coming home pretty strong in 5th. qualled 9th so missed the final -woohoo was happy-woulda been a mile behind in the final
the weekend was exactly what i wanted. some good times and practicing the 400 one day/800 next to simulate the masters champs.. happy jojo :)

yay :)
definitely more tired after a flat out 400 than after the 800. extremely happy with how i backed up-felt good

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

9mm spikes!!! I take it the OP track is always wet and muddy!!!

jojo said...

turns out(i just read the rules) 9mm spikes were allowed-the track guy musta thought they were 12mm!!

Anonymous said...

Are you bringing your 9mm down to the village next week?

Ewen said...

Sub-2:40! I might have to concede that one as well as the 4!

Beautiful pacing - I bet that mean coach of your is pleased.

Stu Mac said...

A very good race, 40 sec for the final 200m is very pleasing and it was a very good example of how to run a sub 2:40 800m and I know Claire noticed.

Unknown said...

Yay Jojo. Fantastic. Congrats.