Sunday, August 23, 2009

...well that was different

..my long runs are nearly always done on a sunday morning- its the only morning run for hte week(im not a fan of morning runs either-i feel a bit unco for a while
..anyway given my run was in the afternoon(albeit early) yesterday, and we had the boys, i suggested to stu that we go for an afternoon long run after we become a party of two instead of five(ie drop the boys off)- i couldve gone in the morning but given i am working 6 days a week, i REALLY wanted a sleep in..got up at 8:30 so it was a good sleep in
..we went to smith st, we bough C and K some nice new sneakers, err we shopped so long i thought i was going to pass out i was so hungry!! the boys were going ;'we're hungry"- they couldnt have been as hungry as me!!!!! but i thought stu might smother me if i joined in the chorus!!!! i bought some lounge around fleecy trackies from Converse for $20 -well two pairs($40) and then it was get the third item half price, so yeah i got two navy and a light blue pair :) OMG they are so comfy!!!! id forgotten how lovely trakkies can be- i only have (had) those lightweight ones you wear outin public(and warm up in)
...anyway 5pm-ish stu and i went for our long run (75min plan for me)... i felt REALLY good during the run(i reckon cos it was hte arvo and im used to running in the arvo!) it was great...the terrain wasnt fabbo... i tried to run on grasss where possible and it was considerably uneven, very flat, a bit of wind on the way back averaged 5:33 pace-slightly(like 100m) LESS than 14km(biggest run for miss j for a while... parent teacher night tomorrow, so 5 days training this week, still should see high 38s for the kms
then out to dinner at the local chinese place(quite nice)-where hte lady really didnt want to get me water-asked twice-she forgot twice, so asked another girl and hit the jackpot..woohoo..lol

quite nice wine with dinner too... a nice weekend, lucky gal that i am..pity its only a day and half long!!!! 3 weeks and this little black duck is on holidays for 2 weeks, then on camp for a week during the holidays... BUT the camp is at the AIS which i reckon is pretty cool!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is one camp I would be very keen on ... enjoy the holidays ...

Eat Em

Andrew(ajh) said...

That camp does sound great ... I don't suppose there's any room in your suitcase is there :-)

I must get some comfy trackies too, I used to wear them all the time when I was a blob, but haven't since.

Ewen said...

Just don't be seen in public in those sort of trackies ;)

A camp at the AIS? Sounds full-on, but if you have time for a run I could meet you out there.

Stu Mac said...

It was different running a LR in the arvo, but it needed to be done and it worked!

I hope you do get the chance to go for a run with Ewen, it is good when you can out a face to a name and I can confirm that Ewen is good to run with! I have enjoyed a fast set on the grass track and a great bush run!