Saturday, February 14, 2009

a pb and an SB and a SHIELD premiership

okay Ewen-in answer to your question,my track season is about to ramp up- my goal for the 4,8 has always been vic masters champs 28/29 March, there is a milers 12 march for me to race, and trying to find a 3km so there is a little ways til the end of my track season :)

so today, minded the littlest rugrat K-he is a bit of a cutie and then left him with stu about 1:30 and headed off to meadow glen for the shield final
im in for the shot put and the 400m(which wasnt til 6pm-d'oh
realised it was around the corner from my bro's so asked if he wanted to come and it was nice that he and nadia did
anyway i carried on and was VERY silly when i pb's in the shot .///by 1cm...lol....woohooing9and i was like 2nd last so the other girls didnt think i was being a show off!!! my other two throws were less than 6m (6:47 woohoo)
time for the 400-gee it hurts to come out of the blocks-i groaned but it was a much better start than usual, only had 2 other girls in my heat(even though a heat of 8-it was 2 heats in one-if that makes sense)-when i came into the straight, jeepers creepers it was windy(maybe -4 or something?????)-anyway it was like hitting a wall- beat one girl lost to one girl -ran a great time for me 67.9 which is my fastest for the season..and considering the condition, bodes EXTREMELY well for the masters
previous SB was 68.10
won the shield final, our div 2 women did...woohoo a good day, been at my bros-having a champers now

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo for the Div 2 Ladies :D

Ewen said...

Congrats on the premiership. Woohoo!

Great 400. Headwind in the last 100 has to be worth 1-2 seconds.

Now you have me scared. You have the 4 and 8. My 15 is dodgy. 3k is sort of OK - maybe.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Congratulations Jo, with all the hard work you've been putting in it is well deserved.

Ewen said...

Haven't run a 4 or 8 yet. There's an 8 this Thursday and a 4x400 relay (does a relay split count?). Otherwise it might be a 400 time-trial.

1500 best is 5:46.8, but there's another 15 and 4 Thursday week.