Saturday, February 7, 2009

..crikey mikey

our house is an absolute oven!!!! stu and i left the house before we were two cooked little gooses(yes geese) went shopping-bought 3 tops and just hung around the shops b4 we went to see a movie with clint in it
..bit funny-im standing there talking to stu when i hear over the loudspeaker-can joanne ................... please come to the so and so shop.... err some silly miss had left her purse on the bench
dóh
i was busy trying to see the pictures i had printed for my grandmothers funeral and not thinking about purses and the like. I will also be doing a reading on monday too.

anyway stu and i went out last night and got a wee bit errrrrr drunk with a couple from warrnambool who will be moving to melb soon..yay... lol...we dont know what time we came home...but have been a bit tired all day
..no running today- am racing in the region final tomorrow-the 1500m (not my fave event) but would be hoping to go below 5:40 and then shotput-anything over 6m is reasonable for me..and probs wont run on monday(funeral) so training is a bit off, and no sunday long run since im racing

thanks for all your kind comments and well wishes..fortunately i have a lovely lad who is tring to be nice to me-but it does go against the grain ;) lol

OMG though i have to be better and not make stupid jokes or think about what im saying'

a friend of mine asked me yesterday how oma was-and without thinking ive just gone dead- he was a bit taken aback
..oopsies
..and when stu got asked to be a pall bearer i said to him..gee the family must have accepted you-theyre letting you carry my dead grany! its terrible... not that she would get upset over that- but you know ..its kinda in bad taste....im not joking about her... smack on bottom for miss jo

3 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Sometimes a little bit of humour is needed to help get through. Nothing to be ashamed of!

Ewen said...

When someone asks "how's oma going?" you should reply "she's gone" ;)

I hope the 15 went well, although I reckon it's too hot for racing anything longer than 200. I have a 400 on Thursday - I'm going to ask for a drink station down the back straight.

The temp in my house is 34 - I'm off to the mall!

Anonymous said...

Nonsense, if you joked with her when she was alive don't stop now and don't feel bad about it. My grandma had a wicked sense of humour, she was a real firecracker and we had a heap of laughs "with" her in the days after she died.

I have no doubt you will honour he very well with your reading.