Tuesday, February 17, 2009

OMG.. what the......

seriously man....what is stu trying to do me????????????????????

he is the most lovely bf EVER but........................................................

as a coach he can be pretty damn mean

prescribed set 3x1km @4:10min/km pace(100s laps) then 2x800 at 98ish sec laps(4:05min/km)

..i had voiced concern to stu that since this is my first long session since last week, i would struggle-but he was "like give it a go"

anyway once at the track, it was superbly windy as it tends to be at the track(ya gotta go there if you wanna become accustomed to wind) so i said to stu(as i was WORRIED about this set) can i change this to 5x800- he even agreed due to the wind(which didnt even exist no doubt in the east-where miss jo used to train!!)

so my 800's were
3:10(90/100 way too fast first lap)
3:13(94/99)
3:15(94/100) OMG how tire was i at this stage??????????????
3:16 (95, 101) Loren started doing afster 1st and 2nd laps-still basically hitting time
3:11 (95/96)

so did pretty well but gee...tough tough tough..
and interestingly(well for me!) my new massage therapist mentioned last time she saw me run-that i dont push off from my feet-just work my thighs(no glute work) so today during the supposed FLOAT i tried to 'push off'
seriously there was ' NADA 'push' on the left side..(that is more strapped than the left-the whole point of the strapping is to do some of the glute work but it inhibits(i think) some of the power-anyway 'now ' is not the time to FRIG around worth it as a week off training at mo would significantly affect my training- rest after 29March)

had a REALLY GOOD DAY AT WORK TODAY..felt like i taught well- had some energy-which is vastly diff from last week (i blame the being sooky la la )

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I was given that advice once too, made a big difference, now I think of the ground as a giant unmoving treadmill that I have to push behind me as I run, strange I know but it gets my head around it.

Ewen said...

I'm seriously worried about Stu. You say "Aw, Stuey dear, it's a bit windy so can I run shorter?" and he listens! He's not mean. He's soft!

Anyway, not bad 800s, although the fast first laps show your sprinting genes a bit. How about a 100/90 for the 5th one next time?

Stu Mac said...

Complain....but yes it was windy and I wanted the form to remain, no other reason....