Friday, April 11, 2008

..stitches, an unhappy jojo and some gory photos

well the title kinda says it all
i went to my club for a run...went on the local paths(being all dutiful LIKE..... cos stu goes CRAZY at me if i run on concrete.. it was a little teensy bit dark..i had a near miss when i nearly ran into something... then i was going o run around this grassy bit near my club but closer to bball courts.... ummmmmm can someone please explain to me the purpose of a chain(shin height) between two stand alone bollards(posts) leading onto a path????? yep onto the kinda dark path i was endeavouring to run on... picture miss j..14mins into her run when KATHUMP she is tripped over by the chain of DEATH... there is literally blood everywhere... and im an independent girl and am telling myself to be calm(its dark so i cant really asses but can see there is kinda a hole in my knee..massive flap....see below....was going to try to get out gravel(but well even i couldnt manage that just then) tried to walk...struggling...so i called out to some people about 50m to get some help(very unlie me..im an 'im ok' kinda gal dont like help much)..ummmmmmmmmm its 3 girls who are about 15(poor girls) theyre quite stressed9seriously A LOT of blood oozing down the leg(it spurted initially) so im trying to calm the girls down... its ok..im ok..i just need you to go get me some toilet paper..i need to apply some pressure... and one of you some wet toilet paper...again..im ok...its ok
was going to walk back round to coburg(bit concerned about amount of blood) so decide to go into the lighted bball centre and see if theres a sports dude there... someone comes over(about 16yrs old i think) and everyone around me is like ...ummmmm you need to go get stitches..(i wasnt convinced initially..but when they said theres a medical centre(and actually had a look at how deep it was) i went ok... and some RANDOM dude(thanks carlo) offered to drive me... he prerang the clinic..but they dont do stitches..so he drove me ALL the way to the austen(what a sweetheart)must remember to thank him..... he was like ..lets see how long it will take...if its not too long ill wait...they got me in pretty quick(musta been the blood everywhere) to have a look.... and then sent me out to wait for stitches..anywhere up to 5 hour wait..so told carlo to go home..he gave me his number and said ..if you finish in an hour call me and ill pick you up cos im visiting my sister..what a sweetie
...theres also an out of hours medical clinic..so i thought maybe GP would sticth it...wait wait wait... nurse cleans it up..... takes out a F-ing huge piece of gravel..then GP says need to xray to see if there is a fracture/// off i toodle...back i go...ummm the cut is very deep..too deep for me to stitch..it may have gone into the joint..so will need to be flushed out and we cant do that..back to emergency...waiting waitn gwaitng...eventually get all stitched up..(the local injection hurt like f-ing hell) and im like(after the 3rd one) ummm i think thats enough.... and hes gone..well it is a BIG wound..... bugger... puts in teh stitches..
miss jo is like...so when can i run..... no im not describing the look-you know what it was!!!! and he goes..lower lomb..stitches arent coming out for 10-14 days... seriously i almost started crying
i actaully exclaimed 10-14 days...but im racing in 9
..thats the sticking point... so i waited a few mins.....ummmmm so any chance i could get the stitches taken out in 9days??? maybe...woohooo there IS a chance
..but it depends what your GP says... miss jo is all like...i heal very well tho!!!
i think he smirked around this time
..and its BLOODY ridiculous..theyre making me go on crutches..>CRUTCHES,,,im unco enough without crutches!!! and i still have to get my car back from coburg???? how may u ask..i really dont know...as im not allowed to drive -or bend the knee or do anything that normal people can do
..im trying to take this with grace... its a small injury...but you know what..i missed just about all of last seasons XC racing(yes i jogged a few)..... i wont say its not fair...... cos as all dr's keep telling me about my back0im lucky to be running... yeah yeah .whatever... but ummmmmmmmmm im really not happy
...deep breath jojo..stucthes smitches... i shouldnt have to be on STUPID crutches(thats for a REAL injury)
see below for gory pics :)
UMMM also can someone please explain how i can go days wothout loooking at it..im a peel back bandages for a peek type of gal(were the pictures a giveaway??)
PS THE LAST PHOTO IS AFTER TEH STITCHES HAVE BEEN DONE
(Ps all the photos are upside down..how else am i gonna take,,them..i was there all alone)

and ummm .yes the SOCK IS Supposed to be white




9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Omg Jo Jo!! That looks like one mighty gash :( Did you get a tetanus injection?

I hope it isn't to painful and you have no problems with the healing process. Leave the bandage intact, no peeling back for a peep, it will help wound heal better and key word here, faster!

Boy when you do a job. you do it well, lol and I think I would be blaming Stu ;)

MorseyRuns said...

Jo ring me if you need a hand with anything- seriously, we were just talking about how I wouldn't be able to do anything if I was on crutches because I live by myself so call me.

Kathryn said...

OMG, that's no good at all. I'll send all the good, fast healing thoughts your way.

I'm like you - can't resist looking at injuries (or picking at them either).

Andrew(ajh) said...

Oh dear, you are an accident-prone little miss aren't you! You have my mobile too don't you - if you need anything please ask!

I hope it heals super quick, but don't go doing anything too soon will you!

Stu Mac said...

Poor Jo, as I said on the phone when you sent me the pics, Burkie's response was out for 10-14 days!!!! And I can't believe Lee is the first to suggest its my fault, I sooooooooooooo expected that from you, yesterday!!!


I think Carlos deserves a present! Its those sort of actions that reminds me that 'most'people are good!!!

Ewen said...

I just came for the gore. It's better than "Brain Dead". Well done.

jojo said...

yeah if theres one thing i know how to do well.... its fall

Anonymous said...

OMG, look at your knee!

That's just so unfair.

Maybe you can complain to the council and sue them. That sort of thing is really dangerous.

Hope you're out there running again sooner than later!!

Call me if you need anything!

Anonymous said...

eeew! eeeewen sent me this link. that's horrible, but i'm kind of jealous. big time bragging rights. if you were 8 years old, you'd totally rule the monkey bars.