Wednesday, April 23, 2008

..apparently i do 'damsel in distress well..lol

ok picture this... a girl in fitted brown jeans, black top..long flowing hair..leg brace with crutches next to her and the car bonnet open with steam rushing out of it.... lol the allure for men is just too too great!!!
i tried to blow up teh rent a car by accident last night...i saw steam coming out the front of the car everytime i pulled up at traffic lights so after 5 mins of this i pulled into a 7-11 where i was tehn inundated with help.(its very nice to have helful people around :) one guy was trying o help but actually he knew less than me..but he did try..and tipping the water into a completely dry radiator made it all spurt back out(initially we did with engine running so you dont crack the head bu it was just too too hot!) funny tho the temp gauge never went above half..
..anyway i eventually told hime id just wait for it to cool... thought about calling RACV then decided im sure i could do myself....
then a nother guy is like..are you ok..yep its just overheated... anyway he still came ove to help(and was an ex-mechanic so i was certainly happy for his hepl...anyway didnt do any damage and he was extremely helful..he evn flashed his belly at me for some bizarre reason..lol..it was sto show me his permanent painkiller patch(like a nicotine patch)..and this is pretty good for the ego..after he had got in his car he drove back to ask me if i was taken.... ahhh its the damsel in distress syndrome methinks...lol... anyway i gave him exactly the same answer i would have givn any random guy trying to pick me up at a service station..regardless of whether i am seeing someone..which of course every girl knows that if a random dude asks you to go out -you tell them youre seeing someone... i had someone wait outside the pool after he had smiled at me in the pool about 2 years ago me once to ask me out(he was pretty cute too) and it pops out of my mouth before i even think about it...
anyway it was ALL my fault...i tried to do the right thing and check the water(cos it said to do daily) and err well miss jo had her near enough hat on..and didnt do it up properly...it was kinda wonky and ummm let out all the water...ooopy daisy...oh and it is a whopping great big station wagoon...
..also i dont know how us manual drivers are supposed to know this..but i was a little embarassed earlier when i had rung rent a bomb to tell them their car wasnt working only to realise i was trying to ummmm start it in D not P... ummmm d'oh
..miss jo is sooo super tired she is being a super ditz!!!!
..knees been bleeding a bit- too much walking probably..i get to take the brace off friday night for a bit while i walk around home...woo hoo..very exciting...cos it is annoying having the thing on all day evryday
..ugggg
..anyway dinner last night at a chinese restaurant was yum!

6 comments:

JH said...

I think you're pretty mean to those random guys in the pool/garage. It takes a bit of nerve to approach some strange girl and ask her out, even if it's you!

The damsel in distress thing's pretty good though. No man can resist that - it makes us feel manly and clever, which doesn't happen often.

Kathryn said...

You're supposed to check the water every day... what kind of car is that?

It'd go out with a random guy if ever one asked. Well unless they were ugly or something... one time I got asked out by a guy on Fitzroy St, he invited me down to the beach to help him drink his 4 litre cask. I said no to that.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry, I kept trying to start my auto loan car in D a few weeks ago, very frustrating.

Now I know where I have been going wrong, I refuse to look helpless, I think I scare most guys away :-(

Anonymous said...

You mean you didn't get his number??

Come on missy, what's the game here?

You're free and single remember. Take every opportunity and then you can pick and choose to your heart's delight!

And good work with the damsel in distress thing! Who wants to get their hands dirty with car stuff!!

Stu Mac said...

Hmmmmm red head or blonde.... but then I suppose you are the sort of girl who doesn't like to put the lid on the juice bottle so the next person can shake it and have you all over themselves...

At least you managed to not destroy another car... ;-)

Kathy said...

I'm with Em, I just don't do helpless. Nice to know that you're good at it though JoJo. :-)