Thursday, April 26, 2007

yep.. me and the old people.....

so ill admit that im NOT the most dignified person in the world.. but even i felt ridiculous today...
all bathered up.. and a flotation device waddles into the pool..what a look jo... it should be noted here that i was less than 1/2 the age of everyone else in the non-lap lane.. had an old granny query what my injury was..and then she told me about her sciatica when she was younger.... hang on a few more dots there ....... but hey i was running on the spot.... what did i care.
although if she had had better hearing she might have heard me yelling out very loudly(again very dignified!) to her about the kid who swam straight into her.

i remember vaguely hearing the phys say something about water running(but i was in a bit of a sulk at that stage) so i think im following advice.. the belt is literally just two bits cut out of a kickboard.. $60... i reckon i could have made one for TEN... lol..im such a tightA ..at the end of the day IM happy to pay anything if it makes me feel like i exercised!!!
tried to take it easy 4 x 5mins of water running and then 15-20 mins water walking..thought this seemed reasonable
DANGER DANGER.. i know im in the danger zone at the moment cos i feel like i could go and run(yes it would hurt..) and sooooo i am mentally fighting against my urges about a hundred times a day
much happier today though...feel like i will be able to run sometime soon... sometime in may now seems likely (well in my eyes)
oh and i did my progression yesterday which was a hamstring stretch...lucky girl jojo ;)
more jigsawing for me tonight.. what an exciting life i lead LOL

ooh, and i took my darling niece swimming today so all in all it was a good day for me.. see i WILL EVENTUALLY stop being a sooky-la-la

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

jojo ... all good things come to those who wait ..... !

However said that was not a runner ... but try to be good and hopefully the pain will disappear.

See you at GTR ....

Take care

Eat Em