Monday, November 30, 2009

..aaaah to ostrich or not

..i personally think im a world class ostrich-er
..but then again all runners ignore niggles dont they? not sur if ive mentioned it but for over a month ive been having a bit(??) of a pain in the back of my knee...and not sure if associated but since two weeks ago cant do high knee lifts cos my knee kinda buckles....
..havent said much to stu(he already thinks im a whinger)-although when i ICED(i never ice) it on saturday it was a bit of a giveaway
..anyway sports doc today, i mention my knee sore at the back..and Karen is like how long...errr 4weeks or so...quizzial look as to why havent i told her earlier.... dig around..yep thats hte spot.... poplyt..... something or other(tendon in the back of knee)
..okay jo, anti inflamms for a week, no FAST FAST stuff(so a 1500 tomorrow, no 400)..and if same next week, then i have to have a cortisone injection and then NO running for a week or so! what the................... grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
anyway she asked me about my upcoming racing sat(last week) tues this week, sat etc and she will try to manage that but not sure..........................

oh and dry needling. SH$t i hate it.i honestly dont know how to describe it(when my back is not as tight, its really not so bad).
ts not like it was anywhere near as bad as that time 2 months ago when i cried, but sheeeeeeesh, let someone shove a knife into your spine and thats about as close to an analagy as i can get..and yes it is ONLY because my back is very tight(yes karens words) and yes i got the look(and the start of a comment before i got all defensive.......) when i told her i did high jump...and again when i said long jump...left out the shot put bit :( she was happy when i told her i got to do a 200m standing start though..and was nice and encouraging with my 200m time :)
basically one side hurt more to go in, and for the first 5 mins on th other side i thought she had punctured something as it SERIOUSLY hurt to breathe.... anyway after 1/2 hour she cam back in.told me she needed to wipe the blood(not a surprise since it had hurt) and then took the needles out..and they hurt to be taken out too...stoooopid dry needling... if only it didnt help...

anyway its over(for one week)
sorry to whinge...i should just suck it up and say nuttin! thats how a real trooper would take it.not feeling very trooper-ish though.. report writing time, very grumpy, sick of my back and in the 'its not fair and i dont want to have this shi%t for the rest of my life" mood!

thats okay -you can tell me to suck it up...thats what i would say to someone who was feeling so frickin sorry for themsleves when really, they have things pretty damn good

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Yup - Dry needling works, big time. You need to be diligent with the exercises, though, as the purpose of needling is to keep your muscles loose enough to facilitate normal function

Em said...

Well, now that I have had it in my back too I can sympathise, though she didn't leave them in me for Half a bloody hour, ouch!!! And when I moved on the bed I almost screamed out.

But at least you are doing the right thing and managing it.

Ewen said...

You're just unlucky. Or maybe doing a zillion events at Interclub isn't the best training ;)

Hope you're back into it soon. I need a 1500m time to chase.

By the way, "masjed potato" is my favourite ;)

Andrew(ajh) said...

Yes, we all do tend to ignore those little niggles, until they become big niggles!