Saturday, November 14, 2009

shield-and miss jo, what were you thinking

yes i decided to do the team thing today
to say i ran badly in the 800 is an understatement...expected 2.38 ran 2.43 wasnt very happy, but right from the start my legs just felt sluggish, no excuses, just a crappy run
..then off to the 200 where surprisingly i ran quite well 31.36
i couldnt get out of the 4x4 relay even though i tried, so i put my big training shoes on(had a bit of a blister from spikes) and didnt race the 400, but went relatively fast, then straight over to the 5km... why did i decide to do the 5km.... there is a simple answer to that. I am STUPID! had decided i would just run 5min/km pace to 5:10 pace, but stu decided to run with me and he made me go a little faster. By no means racing but i really couldnt have gone faster today.i thought i was going to have to pull out with 3km to go,1km to go,800 to go 500 to go..i was in strugglesville. it was about 27 deg i think, but i was feeling way overheated and absolutely dehydrated. ran a 24:08 which isnt a great run..but hey valuable points for the club
..am way tired now.not long til bedtime and it is only 9:08
.will do my run in hte pool tomorrow(back isnt great) and OMG my 200 start was the worst ive ever done. i couldnt get the block thing on at all so when someone helped me i couldnt change it and just had to have someone elses settings!
ANYWAY CIAO
oh yeah, my budgeting i even worse. we went and bought airconditioning today which costs over $3500 eek but we do need it and it was a bargain. Even stu said we should buy it. if id known i was going to do that though, i probs wouldnt have bought the tv.... oops never mind. the air con is on 24months interest free and im very diligent at payiing monthly. so its only really $150 per month
..oh and hows this i walked behind some seemingly sane man who was standing still, when out of nowhere he did some buttkick and kicked me deadset in the knee.OMG, i can tell you it hurt, the lucky part is he didnt have spikes on

2 comments:

Ewen said...

I reckon Stu was being a meanie el-president asking you to jog 5000 for points. It's a long way eh?

Yes, I was expecting 2:38, so just a bad day at the office. Enjoy the air-con!

Em said...

What a day!!! Wasn't racing either but my dismal 24:13 felt alot harder than it should have!

Big day for you though, bet you slept like a log!