Thursday, July 30, 2009

yay a bit more track

...gotta love the track! must admit though, whilst happy that my XC country boys all pbd on the 4.3km course(my juniors who are not so good) it also meant i probably did it in sub 5 min/km pace-which is not great prior to a real training session.!
lucky it was only a light session tonght. 10x200s at sub 40-stu gave me the -now dont go 35 s-youre not ready for that yet!
so after being wet during the 4km and jumping in my car for an hour(i was pretty concerned i was going to run out of petrol) i was freezing once i got to the track. warmed up-slightly shortened and then 10x200s. all of them were 38sec(high) with one 39.05 and one 39.00 and then there were 3 that were 37 and then i was allowed stride out on the last one in the last 100 so i kicked it up a little and did 36 dead. Felt pretty good really. i get the feeling that i will def run faster this year. I stil run too upright-i need a very slight lean forward as my feet do not really land under my body which means im not pushign off much. Stu also told me that initially my left arm was not moving at all!
a busy day(not that there is anything new there..lol)

i decide part of the reason that i like track so much-is after a bit of speed, i actually feel like i have had some stress relief!
love runnning again-very happy that im back on track-yes double pun INTENDED :) :) :)

1 comment:

Ewen said...

They're good. 36 is quick.

If you want your left arm to work, try running in the opposite direction!

I might get some tips from you if your boys are going that well. Still, I like it that you're peaking in October. I don't plan to run 5:28 until February ;)