Monday, July 6, 2009

.. happy with where im at

to be frank, when it comes to running i OFTEN suffer a crises of faith.
i have spent some time thinking about this today-maybe im not quite as crap as i think i am (and please anyone slower than me-do not see it as me making a slur to you-not mean that way at all.)running is a sport for everyone
but when it comes to me, im pretty hard on myself. Its hard to think youre even reasonable when you cant even run the times you ran when you were 10-11 years old(when i was actually a good runner!!! thats the benchmark for me-even as a squash player, i was relatively good(A grade about to be moved to state grade(there are multiple state grades)..obviously not modest...lol.. so i constantly feel liek a very average runner
..anyway. maybe im not as crap as i think. dont get me wrong, by no stretch of the imagination am i good. but im ok, and for my age im definitely ok
my run on saturday ended up being the fastest (for that leg) in my division(only 5 girls though in my div running my leg) but i certainly held my own
2 years ago, no way did i think i could run 21.xx for a 5km.whilst i havent officially yet- 22.02 for 5.1 kms means i should be able to-
as a focussed little runner gal-it does make me start to wonder what i will run for 800 track which is my real passion-gotta beat that damn 2.34.1
so im now looking for a 5km race(although not quite sure why my HEEL is having a tanty at the moment-i did wear my old old racers and then my 50min run on sunday was on concrete-cant put wéight on it much at the mo) must be time to go shopping eh????

anyway-obviously i am slightly obsessive(with results)-
although -i read everyone elses blogs and feel very slack and underdone and that i dont train enough(stu probs agrees) maybe if i actually ran more than 30-40kms per week i might run better! (although as i said to stu-maybe i run better with less-who says my back would cope with much more) i believe he may have scoffed

oh and english man-we MUST catch up for dinner with you guys
ajh-if i run Sri- def run together
em-hope qld is a blast
stu-well he beat me in the 5km so congrats to him
michelle-that was a really sweet offer BTW
and everyone else just have fun fun fun
ps they sell cosmopolitan in a can-and knock me down if it doesnt taste like a real COSMO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

Jojo, of course you are better than you think! Just drink a lot of cosmo in a can and get up the confidence to shout out "I'm awesome".
(haven't taken any offence about being slow!)
Good luck with the shopping recovery.

Ewen said...

I'm glad it was 5.1k or I would have lost that coffee bet about you not running 21:39 ;)

You're going well. Prob would go better at the 5k-type stuff with a few more ks during the week. More easy runs to support the heaps of fast stuff you do - maybe boring for you, but those ks shouldn't be tough on the back - just jogging - + 5 min k type stuff. 50-55k a week would make a difference.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Hope to see you at SC PP then.

Stu Mac said...

You DO very well!

Now be quiet and get back to training or getting me a beer from the fridge..... :-)