Sunday, July 19, 2009

XCR bundoora- tough day at the office for jojo

saturday was the cross country championships at bundoora. To say this is my MOST hated course is an UNDERWHELMING statement to say the least. it is 8kms a 2km lap, 2 3km laps(and yes boys i know you had to do 12kms) but we all know IM SOFT SOFT SOFT!!! and not made nor built for cross country.. when is track man!

big day starting at 9 to organise 40ish boys into their teams(and Meg wasnt there so even though another teacher there is in charge i kinda took over. At one stage the other teacher goes, ill go warm up teh boys with Darcy-me -no stay here in case some are late, no ill go warm up with them now..No! i need you to wait and then basically told him to stay! lol-quite funny bossing around a 50 year old man. As it was there were many late and each race we needed two warm up teams so as the u20s started running i started my warm up(i was already tired at 1pm-big day!

My run was not great. It was windy and we had the headwind on the inclines which was not pretty. When i say strong winds -i kid you not! anyway i ran what i considered pretty badly, 50s slower than last year. I knew it wasnt a good run but i was surprised by that. anyway i have since checked some of the ladies around my times..and two of them who beat me by 11s beat me by 50s last year so that made me feel somewhat better. It was tough conditions.

My legs when i started running were not happy. i think i had talked myself out of this race. There sure was a lot of negative self talk. I didnt even have hte energy to drive with the arms up the hills and i stumbled a couple of times(didnt fall) but the 3rd lap, i got my head right and started to push a bit(same-ish time as the second lap but it was much more positive) everytime i started going this is hard. i would change it to come on jo, you are strong you run hills at the YY, wind doesnt bother you.(ok even i didnt believe it.lol) At the end of the day 38.20 for the 8km in trying conditions. NOw-this DID NOT affect my time at all, but for teh whole last lap my feet/toes were just ACHING. It was very painful and i had to make sure heel went down first. When i finished i mustve looked quite bad because the guy has gone-first aid van is there(i was hobbling after i finished) ad again, the lady said hte same to me. After i got through the chute i dropped to the ground and took off my shoes-then it was ok. In the bath, i could see that on the right foot, there is a bruise on the top of the forefoot/toe insertion area on the top. I suggest there is some kind of problem in that area. Back is OK today(compared to what the course did to it last year!)

i tried to stay in bed this morning but Mr Meanie told me to get up :( so i trundled off to the you-ies. Told to run up to 60mins. So i went for a run on the flats-did a trail 32mins-went out again-came back and it was 48 mins out again, out for another 11 and then stopped. Legs were heavy but it wasnt the world's worst run.(that was yesterday-lol.. Better stop because stu is sick of hearing about yesterdays run.poor lad

also-i think i might lose some weight this week. stop being such a piglet jojo

oh and stu has added 2 gym days into my program. Yay(NOT) i now have to get up at 5:30 and leave at 6.stu doesnt understand what sleep is!!!!!!!!!!!! hmmmmmmmmm-lucky i like him or i might smother him in his sleep..lol

5 comments:

Andrew(ajh) said...

Those XCR runs sound really tough!

Wouldn't it be nice to be able to start work at about 11, so you could get up at 9ish and spend a leisurely hour or more at the gym / pool. Now, where can I find a job like that for both of us?

Em said...

LOL I have just been trying to figure out how I am going to fit everything in next week, would be much easier if I didn't have to work.

Anonymous said...

Both you and Em talk about smothering people in their sleep .... nice girls you both are :-)

Hope the legs feel better soon ...

Eat Em

Ewen said...

Tell him sleep is restorative! Paula Radcliffe sleeps 12 to 14 hours a day.

Stu Mac said...

No time for sleep...must train approx 2 hours per day, plus 1-2 hours of getting there and showering etc. Work 8 hours or so, coaching for 1-2 hours most days, cooking dinner for you, another 1-1.5 hours.

So this leave about 8 hours to wash, clean, org Club stuff and coaching plans and sleep.

So 5 hours of so is heaps.... :)


I thought in those conditions, you did well! Now go and get those feet checked or you will suffer BIG time once the training gets faster!