Friday, July 17, 2009

... dats a little bit better!

so yesterday was ccccuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaazzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzyyyyyyyyyy busy! but i had a little unexpected bonus when due to not many boys turning up i didnt have to run 4kms prior to training. I was CATUALLY very very pleased about this as my heel has been HURTING all day-i have been kinda toe down first when i walk.. anyway set was for somewhere between 10-20 reps of 200 efforts with 200m shuffle between
sheesh-i hate the shuffle /jog recovery.SERIOUSLY thats not recovery man!!!!!! LOL

anyway stu said to do 44-45 so most were either 44 or 43 with 42 done on the first one. Anyway after 6 we got a break between sets..i decided as it was quite tough to onl do 12 altogether. i have to say both the junior girls running near me would take off way too fast and then by the end of the rep i would be ahead of them(or equal) so i was pleased with my consistent pacing. oh yeah and then i felt guilty so i did 2 more to make it 14 efforts. The legs are starting to not be as flat but they stil werent there -hopefully tomorrow-they will be fresh as a daisy. i will be in the 1st team(div 2) as we only have one team :( cant say im a lover of bundoora

oh and ive decided to go to the world masters games in sydney.im going to be in a relay team with the girl who thrashed me in the 400m and hopefully the girl who just beat me(silver) :)

so guess who gets to start some speed work soon...yep me.... we all know it takes me ages to get my speed back! my first 800m of the season(last 3 years) has been 2.5x ughghghghghg and then i improve 20s over the season

so racing tomorrow-not feeling overly confident that it will be a good run, it has not been a good week of running and i have been having a bit of crises of confidence. also i think deciding i wanted to start refocussing on speed has taken the sails out if my desire to run well long(ie 8kms) im starting to think back to 800m mode. Cmon brain get on to the page where it is suposed to be!!!!
yay weekend. finished marking my year 12s paper when i got home

OH and i had a slight mishap where i lost my keys and retraced every step for an HOUR and had to report lost(and it had my school keys and school keys) had already organised a lift to hawthorn station and then stu was gonna pick me up at hoppers -was not happy. then i found it! woohoo. They were right in the corner behind a pile of books i thought was pushed to the wall! someone came up to me asking me questions before i even put my books down so i wasnt 'key savvy' at that mo.

2 comments:

MorseyRuns said...

I lose my keys all the time, and my wallet, phone, work ID, gloves, scarves etc! I feel like I speak fluent Jojo and I can understand perfectly without punctuation:)

Ewen said...

How did you go? Still recovering?