Sunday, July 5, 2009

..woohoo a 5km pb

well considering my actual 5km pb got beaten in my 5km split of my 10km, i wouldve been pretty disappointed if i didnt beat it. anyway my new 5km pb of 22.02 was actually run on a 5.1km coure(as measured by the organisers) with a hill-yes stu-a hill but once you got over it, it was all down hill..overall net rise of -6m, anyway stu beat me by 20s(as he should as he is faster)
my team came 2nd in div 3 so i was pretty happy. lots of good results for our teams. our dinner plans got waylaid when stu got quite sick that night so i went home and looked after the poor lad-he was not good at all poor little dear :
50ish min run (9kms) was average at best today and i really must find a proper 5km race and have a proper crack at my pb-obviously i can go sub 22mins. if i can do 22.02 for 5.1kms

very happy with how im running, pb-ing in lots of things. I also ran this leg 70-80s faster than the last time i ran it which is pleasing too!

very tired today-not much sleep, im a bit of a fretter so i was a bit worried about bugalugs.

we have the boys for the next week...-h yeah tomorrow i have to go to school to fess up about my broken computer... dóh(im using stu's)

oh and ajh-wont be able to pace you for the 5km at Sri because a) it is the day after a very big night and b) if i run it, im happy for you to run with me, but i will be going flat chat-will probs aim for 4:15min kms and see how long i can hold it! anyway, stu is going to let me have a small little ease up before bundoora-will check what time i ran lst year 8kms so will be interesting to see what i can do
my real goal race now though is to beat my previous two years at the Tan of 17.35.Im pretty sure that i should be able to beat that-stu's next goal race for me is bundoora.

anyway spose i should go- xox

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Was your poor little lad sick as in the way he would have been if I'd been there or really sick sick?!?
English man.

Anonymous said...

Great running jojo ...

Look forward to a new Tan PB ..

Sorry we couldn't catch up on Sat nite - I forgot hat teh relays were on .... doh

Look after teh back too

EatEm

Andrew(ajh) said...

So a) says "I can't do it", but b) says "If I do ...", so which is it?
:-)

I'd be happy to try and run 4:15 for a few kms. My 4km PB is avg 4:06 min/km, so I should be able to do 4:15 for 5 ?

I was wondering if you were just trying to make me throw up again, like last year!