Saturday, May 9, 2009

yay miss jo loooooooves to race

IT WAS GREAT to see miss Em out there :):)
started off with a school function last night til 9:15 with the parent so it was a long long long day, and then back at work at 9:20 in heidelberg for the APS cross country, my boys ran well -i was a bit cold and
i ran relatively conservatively for the first km(well not quite conservatively-but slower than normal)-who put that damn hill at the start!!!! then tacked onto a girl slightly faster than me, then before i knew it i was behind a friend of mine from ballarat and a team mate of mine(both who beat me comprehensively at Jells by 1-2 minutes)-this was when i started to wonder if i went out too hard, but i was feeling good so kept on pushing forward. got to my other team mate who I KNOW im nowhere near usually and actually overtook her on a hill, unfortunately in the last 100m she starting screaming past me-i saw her and went d'oh and surged but she had the better of me, but by her putting in that effort it meant both of us passed about 6 girls in the last 50m.. extremely happy with my run 18:10ish(forgot to hit stop)

bit tired now-having a wine... sore foot(to be expected) stu told me to run in spikes(thank gosh he can make a decision-i to-ed and fro-ed for about 20mins) anyway-they were great-wasnt sure intially but will def wear again-diff from my track spikes-def more cushioning


ANYWAY-just checked the results..im pretty sire thats the first time EVER that ive finished in the top half of the field..79th out of 161..... whoooo just made it
just checked HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE pb over 4km (and trust me its a tough course) about 40s faster than geelong last year...bodes well for sandown 10km....refuse to give up on the sub 45min 10km... 4 weeks ago stu told me he didnt think i would as it was too early in the season, he has revised this to a possibility...im going to GO HARD for it even if it is early in the season-it is my GOAL race after all (45:36 is my pb)-its 3 weeks away and i cant run next week during camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! bloody camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! oh well a light week may just refresh me i guess!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Em said...

It was good to be there!

Great run from you mate, well done and yep, it is a tough course, tougher than Geelong to that's an extra well done :-)

Ewen said...

If you're running that well, a 10k PB is on at Sandown - just don't wear your CC spikes for that one ;)

Have you been using Rudolf's keyboard? - "teh parent"

Stu Mac said...

A great race, well done! And many are calling it the 'run of the week'for our Club...