Tuesday, May 26, 2009

hey there

hmmmmm

well how can i describe yesterday..... well let me do today first

...busy busy miss lizzie... it seems the more competent and helpful you are, the more jobs(extra) you get thrown your way!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

anyway today was a much better day..... got up at 6am , left by 6:30-at school by 7:20(read post later to see why thats a YAY)-trying to organise stuff for year 12s, ops its 8m-need to get down to my my 'factorising workshop' that i organised for my year 9s.... and then straight into my normal day-including getting the 2nd last draft of the year 9 exam ready to go..yay
and then after school had to go through the year 10 exam(ummmmmm i dont even teach year 10 this year-so not SURE how that fell to me!!!!-the guys a friend(a good friend) so whatcha gonna do!!!!!!!!!!!!!! )
and then raced off to training...a bit later than meant..ummm oops couldnt find phone..oh well if im not back in time, stu will work it out...bugger tho-that means i cant get my back taped(read later for why thats bad)
whilst driving "hey-ah whats that noise from my butt"-my phone-how the heck did that happen-it was a MYSTERY i tell you :) honestly i think i wished my phone into being
ok so apparently a light day which consisted of 4x4min(oh traffic was great so got home in time so stu got to drive me there, the lucky devil!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)-yes not veyr coherent-head is EVERYWHERE at the minnie
reps(min/km) for 4min
4:03 knew it was 2 fast...
4:10 struggled in that one..
4:07
4:07 worked very hard...i complained when our ;shuffle was 5;50 pace that didnt seem like a shuffle and i wasnt regaining and recovering..stu's response ...then your reps are too hard...
surely reps are too hard ONLY if you cant maintain yeah? my rep1 and 2 evened out and 3 and 4 i maintained, wouldnt that be the right pace then? maybe im just USED to being more recovered or am WAY slack

okay stop reading now-its about to be a not NICE POST
YESTERDAY SUCKED THE BIG ONE
..my back(barney-for those in the know) was NOT a happy camper
i felt wan and depleted i was in such a state yesterday(even felt teary)
and trust me when i say this is a biggie- i nearly left work at LUNCH!!! hard to do when youre a a teacher!!! so i rang karens assiatnt to book infor dry needling(desperate) but she was SUPER unhelpful as i need it TODAY(im talking im in QUITE a bit if pain!!!!!!!!!!) sent a mesg to one of my works coaches saying i may skip training the boys -only to get a response, if the other coach isnt there, you need to be for continuity of the boys...i had to use EVERY ounce of self control not to fire back an email...
there was about to be one stating
'i will get a medical certificate, i am NOT able to attend training.the boys continuity for ONE day will cope..MY back and pain level however will not(and this would NOT have been an exaggeration)-fortunatley the other coach was available"
at the end of the day my health and well being is important AND the reason the back is SO bad at the moment is bcos of a stupid school camp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
anyway yesterday was horrible...i went and saw my aunt who is a physio who said my back was pretty terrible(there is a surprise -NOT
(a lot of people with my injury cant do a lot of physical activity-but they DO choose that path-ill have some pain and some physical activity thanks ralph)
...back on track-she helped..it hurt,,she helped and ummm yes it hurt...fortunately though-the foot function is ok(always a worry)

dont worry-wont affect my running on sat......once im running it will cope..its only afterwards...so if i can get it right this week.my recovery from saturday will be greatly improved

anyway sorry for the long post.....had to vent somehwere...stu wouldnt let me tell him about it last night :(


we had a lovely date night tonight
which in normal people's terms means "dinner out" i make hime come out for dinner with just me at least once a week :)

ciao peoplettes

5 comments:

Em said...

Damn, that's no good, I know that if you are complaining then it must be bad.

Here is something to consider, I know camp is something you have to do as a part of your job and that you are not one to "cop out". However the shcool should consider the Occ Health and Safetly implications of putting you in that position, its a lawsuit looking for a place to happen.

See you on Saturday :-)

Andrew(ajh) said...

I'm with Em, tell them you know a good injury lawyer who is looking for a case.

Hope it gets better for you.

Stu Mac said...

The recovery on those reps will be reduce more and more.

Of course I can go faster, but the set is at 5-8k pace....

Jaykay said...

OMG I am exhausted just reading your post.

Please take care of you!

Ewen said...

You had your phone where the sun don't shine?

Reduced recovery? Your mean coach is getting meaner.

Look after the back and go hard on Saturday!