Wednesday, May 6, 2009

no running

after yesterdays set of 4x4min with 3 min recov(1 min shuffle in that 3 mins) and not being able to run the cool down because my foot hurt too much, the decision today was to NOT run. and just the 4.5km run tomorrow after school...maybe some strides at the track...

this foot is really really starting to bother me.Whilst it has been sore for more than 3 months, it is the first thing i feel upon waking, and it is starting to hurt nearly all day now..i must get it checked i think...we'll see how a week of not running next week goes...i am on camp

-as i said to stu, he wont have me to LOOK AFTER NEXT WEEK. he really is a honey,cooks for me, gets my tablets ready for me in the morning(glucosamine, fish oil and also my naprosyn 750mg anti inflam for the back) and puts a piece of fruit next to it..he hates it when i say this..but he is very cute.....

am racing this saturday..think ill wear spikes-yes i know that is going to make my foot hurt, but it is going to hurt either way...i promise if it is still hurting after i get back from camp i will get it checked(i spose i could even make the appt now for 2 weeks away..if it clears up(miss jo snorts as she knows thats not gonna happen), i can always get the dreaded dry needling in my back

3 comments:

Em said...

Yep, you know how hard it is to get an appointment so you may as well make one now.

GET IT CHECKED!!!

See you Saturday, I'll either be running or official club photographer, depending on what Dr K says.

Stu Mac said...

Cute....I don't think that is what you were saying in the morning...

:-)

Ewen said...

The foot thing is worth worrying about. A friend has been out for a year - he keeps testing it though. I reckon it could be a stress fracture of one of the bones but he doesn't want to do the foot in plaster thing.

Yours might not be that bad if it only hurts in spikes or for speed-work. Wear flats or trainers on Sat and get Stu to drop you to E-grade.