Tuesday, November 25, 2008

precious little princess races

..yes ewen!!!!!! i am a precious little princess so plthtththththththt
..and to everyone else-apologies for the somewhat difficult to read last post- laden with jo tiddly typing!!!!! and without punctuation of course!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

anyway after the rain out of sat i was hanging to do racing tonight.with a 400,800and probs relay on the cards. it was a twilight meet and i was really focussed and just felt like i could run well tonight
..most important race first-800 m last time ran 2.44 so was aiming for 2.42 maybe-not sure if i would manage that, ran 79,82 which is pretty even..and i did even for the first time this season manage to outsprint someone in the straight..woo hoo 2.41.6- whilst not even close to my pb(2:34.95 in march) is the fastest i have ever run at shield competition(i ran 2.42.4 last round of last year) so pretty happy with that
..then a relay-err we werent last when we took the baton but umm we were when i gave it...lol
..then the 400 m..got lane 8...bugger bgger bugger-people EVRYWHERE in my lane. had to call track-whilst i was in the 'SET" position. start running 5 steps in theres someone 2 steps away on my track!!!!!!! they moved-same thing at the 200m-it was a bit disconcerting!!!!!!! anyway was aiming for sub 70s l start terribly and by the 200 evryone had passed me-not supposed to happen in lane 8 at the 200!!!!! ANYWAY, i managed to regroup and come home strong even overtaking a girl a couple of lanes on my inside(from my old club) yay so i didnt come last...oh yeah and was 3rd in my 800 heat!!! woohoo
400 time 70.023 so thats ok but did want sub 70! was very happy cos my friend from willy-i made her go in my heat and shes like im not gonna run that fast-anyway she beat me(she doesnt always) and ran a pb- shes about 18 i think-anyway she was so excited she was jumping around.BRILLIANT!!!!!!!
..been writing reports and correcting all day..MY EYES went all googly...yay...NOTTTTTTTT

5 comments:

Ewen said...

Well done princess! 41.6 is damn good - well, anything around 2:40 I reckon. That puts you on target for a PB later in the season.

Where do you get .023? Electronic timing is only 100ths!! Maybe 70.23? Anyway, that's good too. 70 is my goal.

Andrew(ajh) said...

Good running Jo ... remind me never to try and race you over a short distance won't you. R4TK I can handle, but over those shorter distances I'd be eating your dust methinks!

jojo said...

oops 70.03

Anonymous said...

Zoom!

PB coming up!

Stu Mac said...

Good to see the 800m is on track.