Saturday, November 15, 2008

...hmmmm tough day at the office

..really not a great day at the office..i cant even explain why or how i ran so badly in the 1500..yes it was windy and yes i had only done 100m 20mins before but that was so sh1t its just not funny....
anyway the day started with the million kids-one of whom has decided he is my shadow -or a personal appendage to me....lol.. he is a cutie pie though
...the plan was 100,1500,200,and shotput
....so got to the track...decided to go and do the discus it was an embarrassing 13.xx m...oops then off to the 100m, where i was quite please with 15.61 for my first and only 100m for the year..then only a 20min break til the 1500m....ummm it was WINDY and obviously i am a sook.... i ran literally the worst 1500 in the history of 1500s!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1 youre not gonna believe this 6:12!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it was horrendous... i was last for the first 1200m then finally overtook one girl(i was last in the 100-but then i do ACTUALLY go in the correct heats for what they say the time should be!!!!-my starts are so slow cos of my back-cant run semi upright have to go BANG straight up then move forward :(
then STRAIGHT over to the 200-waited for 10mins or so then BANG off i go again(not much break) so happy enough with 33.03(faster than last time) but OMG ive taken one step by tjhe time the other girls take 3-ask stu..im not KIDDING

then change into regular clothes-on my way to see stu and rugrats in park-when i hear the last call for the shotput..so i run back-whack on my western A's top, still in casual shorts -ask the ladies if they want me to chick on black trackies on top-nup youre fine love...have my 2 throws 10cm off my shot pb(which is not good anyway ...lol) then jeremey heckles me from 200m away...lol it was quite funny
threw 6:36m

so a pretty ordinary day running wise really-completely buggered and feeling pretty temperamental...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Still early in the season mate.

I do worry about you doing the throws though, you should be saving that back for your block starts!

Kathryn said...

You've got to have the bad days to appreciate the good ones :D

Stu Mac said...

Hmmmm, yep average.


But I'm sure a better one is around the corner.

Ewen said...

And I thought my 6:02 was the worst in the history of 1500s!

I'm backing Em to beat that in her debut 1500.

Your 1 and 2 were acceptable, but Stu needs to give you a few sessions of block start practise ;)