Tuesday, June 29, 2010

..legs of death... again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

.are you happy ewen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL
i knew tonights session would not be fun for a number of reasons
..girly stuff
..legs of death. i was talking to D.T and when i was saying my lesg were sore from last saturdays run, he said maybe hte last two saturdays runs.... i kind stopped and thought about it- my legs probs were not recovered from the ballart 15 and then i made them do 80min in heavy conditions so yeah it does actually make sense...

anyway shins were displeasingly sore yesterdy(and starting to worry me)
anyway, wacked the TENS machine on them which made them VERY sore but no sore shins today....wooohoo- that made me supper super super dooper happy!
warm up was blah......
first few reps were blah and so i reduced. as i said i knew from the get-go it wouldnt be fun tonihgt

suposed to be 4x1km approx 96 s but with slower reps considered ok since it was so windy
after the first rep(4.06) my legs were soooooo tired and breathing hard and i asked to go to 800s. stu does know when im serious and not just whinging so he let me go to 800s. it wasnt until the 4th rep that the legs started to even loosen up.
so this was the shit run that NEEDED to happen
i have revised my goal. no way for a pb. but if i can get 45.xx i will be very happy-if under 45.36 then it will be my second fastest ever 10km so cant complain- what you got up ypur sleeve ewen cos obviously there is also the SMACKDOWN in the sun COMPETITION between E and i too!!! lol... maybe ill just sit with him the whole race then outsprint him... hehe.. kidding.... im off like a rabbit, slowing to a hedgehog somewhere in the middle and then getting back to a yappy dog at the end.............
..sometimes rep sessions sucks, but at least my reps sucky sessions are about the same as my normal sessions last year :)

3 comments:

Em said...

I wouldn't want to call this one, it's too close, who want's it more :-)

Ewen said...

WooHoo! I'm a happy chappy. Keep those legs of death a'rollin'!!!

By the way, I'd be very happy with a 45:XX. Even the 45:44 of last year - as long as it's quick enough to win the bet ;)

Andrew(ajh) said...

What is the TENS machine?