Saturday, June 19, 2010

okay so a 15km race is not OVERLY easy

..yep to say i wasnt looking forward to this is an underwhelming statement to say the least.....
having not run15km since about jan and only been back running for about 5 weeks, it was always going to be a tough ask..
anyway the plan was to go out at sandown pace....
i literally ran exactly the same 10km time as sandown...lol

i must say i hit the wall not once but twice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! stu very nicely waited for me at about 6kms(he was about20m ahead at this time and slowed for me :) good lad.
anyway he pushed me and worked me pretty hrd. Em overtook me at about 8kms i think and then at about 12/13 we drew up to her and she sat with us for the last 2 kms. no talking for em and i though, we were working our GUTS out.
i think i told stu to f-off about 5 times....lol
at one stage, hes gone, cmon jo we've got women to catch up to, my response- well you go and f-ing catch them then.. in my defence this was where i had hit my 2nd wall
lol, im a pleasure arent i?

but the 15km was NOT the worst prt of my day. came home and had an ice bath. OMG ice baths in winter are even worse than icebaths in summer. OMG OMG OMG- i was screaming out OMG for the while time i was in there..stu was laughing at me..
i was in for 2min...cmon jojo you can do it OMG OMG OMG OMFG, 1.5min and 60s

anyway tuckered out but pretty happy with a 70.xx time. officil results not in but it will be 70.4x

here are my km splits 4.36 ish, 4.43, 4.40,4.43,4.44,4.44,4.49(wall)4.46,4.52,4.514.48,4.44,4.40,4.43,4.34

so the 2nd 5km slower than the first and the last 5km 23.12 was the fastest (under duress i might add though)

4 comments:

Ewen said...

If you had the breath to tell Stu to "f-off", you weren't running hard enough! ;)

OK, that gives me a good guide to the 'Smackdown in the Sun' - not sure I can run 44:47, but I'll have a crack. And no rabbits allowed!

Em said...

Woo hoo, great run! I was using the auto split rather than manual so my last km looks different to yours, I think the km markers were a bit off.

Great to kind of run with you today ;-)

Andrew(ajh) said...

Nice job Jo, well done. No way I'm keeping up with you and Em at next years R4TK!

Anonymous said...

Nice one Jojo- but I can't believe that you even contemplated an ice bath- I am way too scared for that! Hot shower= only way to go.


Sara