Sunday, June 6, 2010

woohoo 20kms in the bank this weekend

2 weeks in a row hat i got 20kms in the bank!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ummm it was a LOT easier this week NOT racing 10kms!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!(are you happy with that many !!!!! ewen!!!!)

anyway 11.2kms this morning at the rather chilly you yangs. the chilles was OK not great but okay, better than i expected fter some hills yesterday though(icing now)
took a while to warm up then it was okay
11.2km @ 5.33min.kms. no worries about the pace that is definitely my long run pace, any faster and im getting into the non long run zone
according to mcmillans calcualtor (based on 45 min runner for 10kms)(http://www.mcmillanrunning.com/mcmillanrunningcalculator.htm
my long runs should be between 5.20-5.57
easy runs 5.20 -5.39
recovery jogs 5:57 to 6:16

for the faster runs

Steady-State Runs 4:45 to 4:53
Tempo Runs 4:33 to 4:45
Tempo Intervals 4:30 to 4:39

anyway, it seems i do my stuff within the time ranges(except my recovery runs are too fast)wow-never thought that was possible

2 comments:

Em said...

My philosphy with easy/recovery runs is that they should just feel easy on the day, some days easy is 5:15 pace, other days it's 5:50, all depends on how the body is feeling and what it was made to do the day before.

I don't hold too much stock in Macmillan, he reckons I can run a 3:38 marathon, I reckon he is freaking smoking something LOL

Ewen said...

Ah, that's slightly excessive!

5:33 ks seems solid for the Youies. My long runs are back around 6 min pace... might have to lift my game if I'm to win the Smackdown in the Sun.

By the way, I like this AG calculator.