Saturday, December 12, 2009

shield round up

..yes sorry folks a double post today
...was not sure what to expect today..had decided since im still sick that anything under 2.44 would probs be acceptable.
anyway, slight breeze, not too bad though(did high jump.. first lol...well 2 jumps- no fosby)
so started of in the heat with some girls who were running 2.25 down to myself and a couple at 2.40+ .... dont ask, i wasnt happy.if they call 2.45, i will run to the integrity of the heat...so annoying though.i actually turned around to girls not in my club and said you should be here you run 2.30s. It happens every single week and is VERY annoying.you come to race so get the f%ck out there and race.stop hiding in the slower heats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
anyway first 200in 37(yes i checked my watch) and then one of my team mates overtook me so i thought ill just go with her, went through 78s and thought ill just push a little, over took the girl in the back straight(she did only get home at 7am) lol, got to 600 and saw 1,59 on the watch and thought okay time to push, went through in 2.39.54. Thats more like it. Its hte first time ive gone under 2.40 at shield comp. i know its weird, 6 weeks ago i did 2.34 in a big comp and can barely go sub 2.40
then off to shotput where i did a 30cm PB and got 6.80
then off to the 200 where i kinda did some strides but not a proper warm up
shit start as ever(pop straight up, grimace at the pain in my back) and a couple of gals in my race so really didnt want to be beaten by them, worked hard into the headwind(not huge) and crossed in 31.15 a seasons best and could be a pb(i have a 30.8 recorded a few years ago, but i think it was a mistake)
decided yes no yes no yes no and eventually no to a 5km(cos i really am still a bit sick) and did a 15min cool down. pretty tuckkered out..and yes i did make the call when i got there i was only going to do a couple of events... unmmmmm 5 is the new couple isnt it???????????
60min run tomorrow, doing slow slow, have a girl from ausrun joining me so introducing her to a hill :)

3 comments:

Em said...

Aghhhh, we have the same trouble in the SE too. A few weeks ago I put myself in a faster 1500 heat because they were begging for people to step forward, I ran second last waaaay off the pack. The in the 3rd heat the fist 5 girls ran faster than my time! It's mostly the young ones and you see the same ones week in week out who won't step up, team managers need to take some responsibility I think.

Ewen said...

I reckon a good system would be if you run faster than the time your heat is called, you get DQ'd!

Sub-2:40 is good - you'd be in the race for a win at Vets up here. Nice 200 too!

Andrew(ajh) said...

Sounds to me like there should be some rules to stop that. It defeats the whole purpose of racing doesn't it?