Saturday, April 18, 2009

Round One and im actually there

WOW-first time in 3 years that i am there for round 1...wooohoooo was very excited and nervous
a few drinks was probs not the way to go last night :( but sometimes we do things we shouldnt-(oh and race day is 'NO DETOX day" having a zero at the moment-yay :)

so get to the line -am pretty nervous. started the race-hmmm legs a bit heavy, never mind they may come good, stitch onset at the 1km -ish mark...that when i knew it was going to be a struggle of a race. was aiming for about 14mins for 3kms(which is difficult to judge(didnt wear garmin) there were HILlS GALORE, stu made a stupid comment about my arms as i ran up the horrible hill(i got him back later though)
so went through in 14:02 but wasnt feeling fabbo, got overtaken by a div 3 girl(from em's team) but then i overtook a different div 3 girl later..was majorly struggling,but had to keep pushing as if i didnt beat the number one girl in div 4 , then stu wouldve picked the team wrong...struggle struggle some more, head down(michelle said i looked like i was in a world of pain...ummm yep)

finished in 28:28 which im actually pretty happy with.(for all the forum-ites-there is NO shame in that-you will get it if you read the post that i took offense to and responded to)

im only back in winter training for a week, so felt SUITABLY unfit..but it bodes well for a good season to come. good runs from em and corrie.... and bugger it., stu JUST beat me
although i did make him laugh when i heckled him with the 'cmon stu drive with your arms'

4 comments:

Em said...

Great to see you out there today matey and hope to be running closer to you next round!

Andrew(ajh) said...

Great effort Jo!

Stu Mac said...

I told you that you would be close!

I know me, I know when I'm not fit, I know I dislike XC and I knew I hadn't freshened at all and probably did just a tad too much on Thu night, sometime the coach does make some mistakes!

Ewen said...

Bloody hell - you almost beat the coach!