Sunday, March 29, 2009

victorian masters championships and a blonde moment

AKA state champs for oldies..lol

after such a hectic couple of weeks(school has been crrrrrazy), my mind wasnt really focussed enough on the saturday...
Let me start off by saying from the outset..I DID NOT run as fast as last year but NOR am i that disappointed either..i ran well and last years time were really an anomaly-they were a little out of the blue.
both times for the 4 and 8 were clear seasons bests..the 400 by 1s (66.86)
800 37.96 (officially 2:38.36 but we're positive that was wrong(but ewen will work out on 38) as i got 37.9 by my watch(and hit after i crossed,stu had the same as did someone else and no way were we .4 second slow..i think my time was given to the second girl 2:37.96 as they joined a few races and mustve got one of the people out of sync
..the girl who won was magnificent 60.3 in the 400 and 2:16 in the 800- that is really quite PHENOMENAL
the second girl ran a 200 today PLUS a 400 hurdles 40mins before the race and still outsprinted me.. she ran a good race. i sat on her and everytime i drew closer she surged(mustve surged 8times!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with 300 to go i surged a bit,so did she, 150 again, 200 again, 100 again, and about 3 more in the straight..i gave EVRYTHING i had so i am not disappointed at all.and it is a season best by somehwere between 1.6 to 2 sec
400 was second best time EVer
800 was second best time since i went back to running after 20 year break
..am thinking next year to focus on the 1500 and 800

thanks to Em for coming and seeing me.thanks to my BF and beautiful coach of course..all i can say now is THANK CHRIST summer is over..i need a break ...now where is that champers


oh ewen here are my times
post yours
400 -66.86 800 2:38.36 1500 5:44 3km 13.55

BLONDE MOMENT
leaving at 1pm so start packing bag at 12.40
jo: stu..have you seen my spikes
stu: no
more rummaging and throwing stuff around
go and get stus and my keys to check the cars(no luck)
more unpacking and packing of the bag-generall cursing and disbelief
jo: ..ummm stu now im going to make you really mad-
i cant find EITHER of the sets of keys i just took out to the cars(did i mention i get nervous???????????????????????????)
unpack and repack bad 4 more times and give up
..ps i lost a pair of spikes after the 800 last masters)
go and get 2nd pair of spikes that i dont like.,... and try to convince stu (and myself that they are just as GOOD(dont fit properly-too loose but not mentioning this)
i wont even BEGIN to decribe the look stu is giving me..god KNOWS how he managed to bite his tongue(hes already not happy at how early we left..)
stressing is an understatement but trying to hide it(not well) stu saying he didnt want me at the track 'fretting" me replying --but ill be less stressed if i know where spikes are
..get to track
...ask where lost property is..near medal presentation(and told someone had handed some spikes in-not sure what type)
jo: (at medal pres) lost property is near here? ..no love..try upstairs
jo goes upstairs-asks around..no love -nothing been handed in(errr blood pressure rising)-this is where it would be... go next door... no nothing here dear, try next door(where i came from..grrrr-why do i SUCK so much-i hate my 'losing ability-i am an OLYMPIC champion)
go back to medal presentation-
jo: are you sure you dont have lost property here..
no love sorry
jo: but someone said spikes were handed in
sorry -nothing here
i look near his feet-point and say-
jo: um they are my SPIKES there and pick them up... and wander off -quite happy-like a little gal who has found a ollypop that she misplaced
and then started to de-stress just a little (instead of distress..hehe)
errr not what i really wanted B4 i run..someone ...please kick me up the bum and tell me to be an adult-and a normal one at that please....lol

3 comments:

Ewen said...

Take the 2:37.96. Looks like a stuff-up.

We have one more meet in Thursday - there's a mile and a 3000, so I'll do an 800 TT in the mile. Will do a 400 TT at Calwell Tuesday.

I'll post the times after that and Stu can work out who won. I'm thinking next season, maybe a challenge just over the 1500m. We're both close in the 1500. Or add in the javelin or something silly for interest.

MorseyRuns said...

Hey mate, you are right, you are super busy and you have definitely earned some champers! I don't think they are blonde moments, I just think you have a lot going on and it is completely normal! Looking forward to catching up soon.

Em said...

It was great watching you do your 800 metre stuff, very impressed right here, give me 100km (Ok, 90.5km) over 800 metres any time ;-)