Saturday, March 14, 2009

..hmmmmmm

so maybe i shouldnt even be running winter season
.stu set me a session of 10min jog and then at 4:30 pace which is faster than my 10km(45:36) pace-which is also my 5km pace(havent even actually run that fast for 5kms before my 5km race pb is 23:12(yes soft) , and not much faster than my 3km race pace(13:15 is my fastest)

...anyway he then said.... 'well if you cant manage 4:30 pace then you are going to have a horrible winter season(my 6km pb is about 27mins-i get to that pace and just stay there. Anyway i dont think as a coach he should be making me feel like a crap runner, which is exactly what he made me feel like. i mean seriously(lucky my bf is nice cos my coach is not on my christmas card list...lol)
..anyway i decided to change the plan somewhat- and run 10min jog, then 3kms at 4:30pace and then beg Ewen to let me use that as my 3km race time. i reset it to zero, i used my garmin which is very accurate had to do two 180degree turns which slows you and ran the last 8mins into a fierce headwind. managed to be nearly on time for the first 2kms but then couldnt maintain into the wind : averaging in the end 4:38 and running 13:55(may i use that time please Ewen...please please please)

anyway two weeks til the champs and then we can tally up Ewen

so glad its the weekend -am completely stuffed after one helluva week. bought a coat for myself today which is pretty nice

5 comments:

Ewen said...

As you asked nicely... of course!

IF you let me use first laps of the one hour race Thursday week as EITHER my 800m or 1500m time? I think I'm going to be too sore to race the 800m this Thursday.

ALSO I haven't run my 400m time trial yet. Man is that going to hurt!

jojo said...

sure Ewen, the first two laps is fine for your 800(youve already done 1500's) :)

Ewen said...

Thanks. I'll try and hang with the 3:30/k runners for two laps.

Stu Mac said...

A 3000m on the track would be a lot faster, of course Ewen is going to agree..

Ewen said...

Yes, you'd run a minute or more faster in a race on the track - I'd guess 12:45, but I'm not going to give you that!